Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

worst moment of my golfing life (so far)

Posted by: user89876 | Tue 1st Oct 2013 17:29 | Last Reply

after playing in a comp today at Hurlston Hall golf Club my golf buddy and i were clubhouse leaders on 40 points with only a handful of players left to come in when we were told we had signed for the wrong score, instantly my heart sunk as the prize was entry into the southport links challenge on some very nice courses,(hillside, formby ladies and westlancs amongst them.), on the first hole the marker put me down for a 6 and my mate down as a 4 when it was the other way around,all my buddy done was check the points total which was correct and signed, obviously i am as much to blame having been playing for ever but i just trusted my buddy who has never gone wrong yet to check, it's a lesson i'll never forget, being so close to playing 5 top notch courses and winning £1000 was never so close, i really hope that one of the balls behind comes in with 41 points i;m gutted beyond belief.

re: worst moment of my golfing life (so far)
user106712
Reply : Tue 1st Oct 2013 19:10

I don't know if this counts in 4bbb but I'm sure I once saw a player on TV sign for the wrong score but since his total was correct he wasn't penalised for it.

Last edit : Tue 1st Oct 2013 19:30
user106712
Reply : Tue 1st Oct 2013 19:32

Why did the marker put both scores down? He is only meant to put the score that counts. Was it 4bbb ?

user504404
Reply : Tue 1st Oct 2013 19:36

If your gross scores are correct but stableford scores are wrong then you will be fine, however it sounds like your gross scores have been entered incorrectly which is bad news im afraid Alan as you have signed the card - unless you are Tiger woods of course then it does not matter!

user16106
Reply : Tue 1st Oct 2013 22:50

Hard luck alan. There really are some stupid rules still left in golf. Especially for amatuers. Why not let common sense prevail? Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user89876
Reply : Wed 2nd Oct 2013 08:53

it's left a deep scare, it was 4bbb stableford, why he put both scores down i don't know, it may have been possible to spot the mistake a bit easier with just the 1 score per hole

user320021
Reply : Wed 2nd Oct 2013 16:49

I've been in a similar situation, the marker only put one score down each time, but put all of the scores down in the column of my playing partner in a 4BBB, we had slightly different handicaps and couldn't be certain which person had played on which hole, so ended up being disqualified (with a really good score)!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top