Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf in Italy a cautionary note:

Posted by: user550058 | Mon 30th Sep 2013 11:19 | Last Reply

Morning all. I have just returned from a week or so playing, or trying to play. The Parco De Medici Championship Course. AKA ( Sheraton Golf Resort ) on the outskirts of Rome. Very nice course although not for anyone with a higgish handicap a slice or a hook…Unless off course you take plenty of balls…The Hotel, may I say, was fine.

My cautionary note is: do not use “Master Golf Promotions“ - An Italy based company who only do Italian golf venues. Here is a quick run down of what was not as promised:-

The room, the type of room, the view, the daily paper, the bus timetable, the cost of the bus into Rome. None of these were big issues, I’ll grant you, but indicative of a Company that once they have your money don’t want to know, and will not reply to your emails, even before you have left the UK.

The real problem of course was my golf: I had reserved - I thought - three 10:30 am tee times, but not at all. In fact I only got one round on the Championship course and that was starting at 1:40pm. The rest was a mess. You can stop reading now, but if you want the details of my Tee time fiasco read on.

When I turned up for the first of my bookings they knew nothing of them, although after a search of some piles of paper, they did turn up a hand scrawled note, which made no difference as there was a comp on the main course. Consequently I was dumped on their “Executive” 9 hole red course - not nice. When I had completed the Red 9. I then had to wait 45 minutes before I could play only the front 9 of the Championship course.

Second Booking: same thing a Comp, so Red course. As I was not prepared to do this I had to return at 1:45 to start on the 1st of the Championship course. By the 7th we had caught the Comp players -very slow as you can imagine. No real alternative but to play the front 9 again as we would be running out of light. So two of my golf days gone and I still have not played 18 holes on the main course.

Third booking: I was down to play Tuesday only to discover everything closed but the course. No Pro shop, no caddy master, no reception, no bar so no water available ( Temps in the 70s ) no toilets etc. Only alternative change the day which in turn messed up our plans for going into Rome.., So Wednesday it was, but not 10:30 only 1:15 at the earliest and every chance of getting stuck behind slow members.

So there you have it. My advice to you is DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THIS COMPANY. Which is a shame as the course is very good, and the Italian members I was invited to play with were very welcoming and friendly. As were all the staff at the venue.

Enjoy your golf

re: Golf in Italy a cautionary note:
user80078
Reply : Mon 30th Sep 2013 11:51

Not a nice experience. I believe, that when you pay your money, you just want to be treated fairly and clearly you were not. When playing abroad (not that I do so as much these days as in the past) I make my own arrangements and then know what I'm getting. As you indicate, often once these companies have your cash, you are on your own Jack. Enjoy your golf.....

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top