Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My 9 club, fair weather walking bag.

Posted by: user526967 | Tue 24th Sep 2013 21:28 | Last Reply

Thought I would post my 9 club, fair weather, walking bag. It is designed to enable me to throw on a golf shirt, slip on my golf shoes and hit the course within minutes, on the way home from work. It is based around a super light old school, red ping single strap carry bag. I love this bag and found it on ebay in mint condition. I carry a handfull of tees, pitch repair, glove, pencil and about 6 balls.
I will throw a brolley in if the weather is suspect and have an adidas wind shirt. The only other eqpt is a water bottle and a couple of chocolate bars.

The clubs then,

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/dxqrdbirkx04udx/_GtgmUVbqR

ping rapture 14* 3 wood ping stiff flex tfc shaft- great fairway finder Cleveland halo 22* hybrid re shafted with project x 5.5 shaft Ping s57 irons 5,7,9 and Pw, project x 5.5 shafts. The remainder stay in my larger "competition bag" for when retreating from the course is not an option and I need all the whistles and bells! Cleveland 10 42* niblick, standard cleveland wedge flex shaft- makes everything so much simpler from 80 yards and in! Maxfli revolution midsize sand wedge, maxfli graphite shaft and bent to 58* Wilson 8806 putter. Standard shaft and re fitted with a great old school leather grip.

Well thats it, my competition bag and hickory bag to follow!

re: My 9 club, fair weather walking bag.
user16106
Reply : Tue 24th Sep 2013 22:00

I sometimes think I would do better just with my 7 iron, 52 deg wedge and putter. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user99350
Reply : Wed 25th Sep 2013 08:33

Yes, I've been using a smaller bag with less clubs the last couple of seasons when I'm having a knock around and it does present you with less options and a more clear view of the shot in hand resulting in surprisingly good results. Along with Driver/3 wood, I alternate between 3,5,7,9 s/w 60* and 4,6,8,9,s/w 60*. In a previous society we used to do regular 3 club challenges which were a great laugh.

user24437
Reply : Wed 25th Sep 2013 11:02

Winter, Summer makes no difference to me I always carry the same full bag with enough kit to survive a week in the wilderness. Sometimes take my waterproofs out if the temperature exceeds 30 deg....

Just weighed it and it comes in at a tad over 14kg. Interestingly have not had any back problems since I dumped the trolley and started humping that lot around.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top