NORTH v SOUTH

Posted by: user16163 | Mon 23rd Sep 2013 21:21 | Last Reply

North win

;-)

re: NORTH v SOUTH
user16163
Reply : Mon 23rd Sep 2013 21:34

I would just like to say

Thank you to everyone involved with this event, Darren R for organising for all the players who attended and made it a great event, many thanks to Tim Greaves and Alex Clark for the very competitive and spirited games.

Also commiserations to the south team, you had me and alot of the north very worried when the afternoon four ball results were coming in.

Personally I felt honoured and humbled to be captain this year and apologise for the stuttered and stumbling speech, I was totally shocked by the result watching and waiting for the nod that we had got that important point to get the win.

Overall a fantastic event played in the greatest of spirits and thoroughly enjoyable.

Can't wait for next year already!!!!!

2013 captain signing out, bring on 2014 #COTN

user375014
Reply : Mon 23rd Sep 2013 22:24

Hi Darren, is there anywhere to see the scores and results of the NORTH V SOUTH event?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 24th Sep 2013 10:12
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 24th Sep 2013 20:51

I'd like to echo Darren's words. Thanks to Darren R for organising (including some sun!). I thought the venue was ideal for our needs and the courses ideal for matchplay. The greens weren't the best due to the scarification and top dressing, but work needs to be done and you could tell they'd be a pig in good condition. Thanks to Tim and Alex for an enjoyable 27 holes and good competition played in the right spirit

Finally, and most importantly. A big thank you to Danny Alavarez for giving me the opportunity to repay 12 months of stick by losing 6 & 4 to me. I look forward to the next 12 months

user26096
Reply : Wed 25th Sep 2013 17:41

how can you say you were worried with lorna and me in the last four ball we are as phil says THE DIFFERENCE.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 25th Sep 2013 17:54

Once again, a thoroughly enjoyable event.

Last edit : Wed 25th Sep 2013 17:55
user21179
Reply : Thu 26th Sep 2013 11:05

Goodmorning all Sorry for the delay, but work has been so hectic since getting back from Hellidon lakes. Most importantly I would also like to thank Darren Ramowski for once again staging a really great event. As others have said, the greens were by no means the best i have seen, but with that issue corrected and possibly playing off the whites to nigate the shortness, the course would really be improved. The new 2 day format I felt was a real plus and made for quite a easy going game on the Monday and a very intense day on the Monday for some reason. I am not sure why that was the case, but other groups I spoke to said the same. Congratulations to Darren Millichip and the victorious North team, it was once again an all round team performance with nearly all members contributing points on one of the days ( not all though mr Ramowski ) The half point score on the Sunday was the only reason you were not further ahead going into Monday. If any one has seen the picture of the North captain asleep with the trophy they will be able to tell how much it meant to him to win, so congratulations once again, well played. My biggest thanks need to go to all the members of my South side who came up just short in the end. It was a privilege to captain a good mix of experienced and newer members. Many thanks to Matty Holbrook for his help in putting together the pairings and also constantly pointing out my alliegence to John Letters ! As I have said I do thank everyone on our side, but a few players do need a special mention, Nikki Lewis, Jim Constable and Nigel Warren won all their matches and Leyo won 2 and halved one, so well done lads you carried the rest of us gallantly. I look forward to next years event and meeting up with old friends and enemies and hopefully making some new ones. Tim Greaves.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 26th Sep 2013 12:07

I don't think I was the only player attending not to win a point

This is that photo

https://twitter.com/DMillichip/status/382589636578525185/photo/1

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top