Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golfing school boy errors !!

Posted by: user375014 | Mon 23rd Sep 2013 21:08 | Last Reply

Anyone got any school boy error stories to share from playing golf. Mine is from Sunday where rushing off the green as having been let through a four ball on the 5th, i grabbed my trolley and proceeded to tip the whole thing up and in trying to style it out managed to snap the whole handle off!!! right in front of the 4 ball, and meant i had to carry my overly laiden Cart bag around for the majority of the round!!!

Annoyingly i had a spare pair shoes , about 30 spare balls trousers tops waterproofs, and pretty much anything i was happy to pull around with me in the bag. Never again!

re: Golfing school boy errors !!
user77012
Reply : Mon 23rd Sep 2013 21:39

Your opponent being offered half half on the 18th , declining and then miss his putt after you've canned yours! #schoolboyerror #1up

user260729
Reply : Mon 23rd Sep 2013 22:08

Trying to putt with my umbrella lodged in between my shoulder and cheek and a gust of wind blowing out and leaving me with a cut 3 inches long for life! The metal cups on the bottom of the cheap umbrellas are pretty sharp!

ouch

user375014
Reply : Mon 23rd Sep 2013 22:17

Jeees Simon thats mental, i hope it was a decent round as the scare would atleast remind you of that.

Ive also let go of my 7 iron on a par three in sidewards rain, it went about 30 foot and the ball ended up on the green!

user455045
Reply : Tue 24th Sep 2013 13:04

I had been practicing hard as I was fed up slicing from the 1st tee etc. during practice I'd managed to eliminate my slice. And at todays game this first ball was going to be driven straight and long. Today was going to be my turning point in this wonderful game called golf. There was a small queue waiting behind me and it was my turn...... on the path level with the 1st tee was a group of women who'd moved up in readiness to get off from the ladies tee after my shot. My shot nearly took their collective heads off and I watched my ball heading towards the 9th green ( all in the same area).Imagine the scene ,I am apologising and trying to keep an eye on where my ball stopped all at the same time. I rushed over to the 9th green to pick up my ball ( middle of the green )..........on the way back to the 1st tee I discovered the ball I'd picked up was not my ball but belonged to a match that was approaching that green. I thought my life would end at that moment as I cap in hand I tried to explain the situation and what had just happened to the chap who's ball I'd picked up. Graciously he said he'd been playing 30 years and not to worry about it....." It happens " he said. I can honestly say I felt embarrassed and sick at that moment. Today I am still a high handicapper but I am getting 15 or so tee shots away, fairly straight ish!!!

user338942
Reply : Tue 24th Sep 2013 22:19

In a Sunday medal a couple of years back - birdied the difficult par 3 11th (Stressholme) to go -4 for the day. Proud as punch, raced up the hill to tee off on the 12th. Boomed a drive straight down the middle while my playing partners were still filling in their cards

"ermmmm, Dave..... white tees today mate"

2 shot penalty and put the retake straight into the trees

user553910
Reply : Wed 2nd Oct 2013 11:59

Searching for your ball in the long rough, finding it, discovering you need a longer iron to get out under the tree, getting the iron, being unable to find the ball again.

Happened yesterday.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top