Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Club or Golfshake handicaps for N vs S

Posted by: user21179 | Thu 19th Sep 2013 19:18 | Last Reply

I know this has been talked about before and most probably posted about in the past. My view is that everyone should use the lower of the 2 handicaps (if they have 2 ) The reasons behind this are obviously tinged with benefits to people like me who do not have a Congu handicap. However I feel that those wanting to use their Congu are only doing the same thing as it benefits them in most cases; hence the idea of using the lowest. When I joined the site it was a score tracking site for those that wanted to know their handicap, so not being a club member was more common than now with what the site has become. I know that others will talk about Congu being the only official handicap, which of course it is, so therefore it can't be manipulated like a Golfshake could be; but again playing off the lower of the 2 would negate this problem. Congu are generally higher because of white tees and medal atmosphere, neither of which will be present at Hellidon. I would like to know how many people have asked Darren to play off a lower handicap than they have on the site ! It's only my opinion but I do feel that people only choosing Congu are doing it mainly for their own benefit to gain more shots. What do you all think ? Tim.

re: Club or Golfshake handicaps for N vs S
user250721
Reply : Thu 19th Sep 2013 19:30

Tim

In my case I have a Congu handicap (23.5) But I manually change my Golfshake handicap as I use the site here to track my rounds by points ect and want it to reflect what I am doing at my club?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 19th Sep 2013 19:40

Tim,

I can assure you the "medal atmosphere" will exist at Hellidon (but don't get me started on the white tees!). I think if anyone has a CONGU they should use it. It's easy to manipulate a GS handicap up or down where a CONGU is (in theory) a reflection of your capability under competition conditions

user504404
Reply : Thu 19th Sep 2013 19:45

My Congu is 11.2, Golf shake is 10.6 - As it turns out my Golfshake is lower but both end up the same in that I play off 11.

I guess you have to rely on people being honest Tim in that what they play off is a true reflection.

I use golfshake primarily to record my stats so for me it is a true reflection of my current play

user26342
Reply : Thu 19th Sep 2013 21:04

I'll say what I always say & that is if you have a congu hcap the you should use that regardless if lower or higher. It should be able to verify quite easily & cannot be adjusted by the player themselves

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top