Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Update Adidas Golf Shoes

Posted by: user417395 | Thu 19th Sep 2013 07:36 | Last Reply

this is the reply i recieved form Adidas/Taylormade in regard to my issue with Taxion Golf Shoes. I find this explanation deplorable and interested in other people views.

Many thanks for your email.

Having read through the particular case and refreshed myself on our own warranty policy, the position sports direct took on the warranty claim is legitimate and works within our own warranty policy. Our shoes come with a 1 or 2 year warranty, depending on the model – this particular model comes with a one year warranty.

The warranty period of 1 year is there to protect the consumer against anything that may happen within that period, in this case you replaced them, legitimately so after the fault developed after 9 months. When you replace the original pair, you do not get another 1 year warranty, in your case you get 3 months to take you up to 1 year… if anything develops after that 1 year warranty expires, then it is the retailers discretion if they decide whether to replace or credit.

Unfortunately in this case having considered your email and the above, I am unable to take this claim further.

I do not think in light of this i will be buying another pair of Adidas Golf shoes as i would expect them to last at least 2 yrs am i being unreasonable

Last edit : Thu 19th Sep 2013 09:10
re: Update Adidas Golf Shoes
user127691
Reply : Thu 19th Sep 2013 20:58

Not sure what you`re point is. You brought a pair of shoes you got 12 months warranty, this is standard practice.

user89876
Reply : Thu 19th Sep 2013 21:58

i would have thought the same as Gary

user43166
Reply : Fri 20th Sep 2013 08:22

I've had this before on a number of products including golf bags. A couple of years ago I went through a phase when a golf bag would only last a few months before something broke on it. I can't remember the details now - maybe I was close to the original 1 year warranty or just over but it was the same explanation. In this case it was a Taylor Made bag (same company as Adidas?) through American Golf. After some persuading American Golf did the decent thing and gave me a replacement that has lasted since.

user246701
Reply : Sat 21st Sep 2013 12:34

12 mth warranty, can't see how you expect things to be different. If you decided to buy a pair with 2 year warranty then that's what you expect (minimum). Nothing wrong (or even deplorable) with the action of Adidas, or Sports Direct.

Only time I has ever got more than 12 mth out of a company is when they 'incorrectly' did a refund before 'selling' me a replacement pair of shoes. Of course all my latest shoes have been 2 yr warranty, but to be honest my old Adidas 360 V2 are still going strong, so they have been well beyond 12mth and probably into their 4 season by now.

user571490
Reply : Wed 19th Feb 2014 03:42

1 or 2 year warranty, depending on the model. one year warranty for your shoes

user451055
Reply : Wed 19th Feb 2014 13:00

I think Adidas are totally wrong. If they sell a pair of shoes which they expect to last at least a year then they give a 12 month warranty for that pair of shoes. If the shoes do fall apart within that year and they supply a new pair of shoes then the new shoes should then have a 12 month warranty starting when you got the new pair - as they expect the shoes to last a year!

I buy all my TV and similar equipment from Richer Sounds. I have twice had something break within the warranty period which has resulted in getting replacement equipment. They always start the warranty again when it is replaced.

The point of warranty is the company is showing confidence in the quality of it's products.

user89876
Reply : Thu 20th Feb 2014 07:17

Personally I think expecting a new warrantee every time shoes are replaced sounds abit daft, you "could" undo stitching every 11 months and never have to pay for shoes again in your life time, does that sound reasonable?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top