Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Quick POLL hole in 1

Posted by: user375014 | Wed 11th Sep 2013 21:44 | Last Reply

Quick Poll then who here has a hole in 1 to their name and if so where n how etc. I cam close recently but on a par 4 about 280yards, rolled an inch to the left of the pin and 9 inch behind so nice tap in eagle 2. But my heart went mad the moment i hit it, driver straight at it bounced before the green on the slight uphill, n shunted onto the green towards the hole.

So no hole in 1 for me yet but what about you lot? esp you low handicappers !!

Last edit : Wed 11th Sep 2013 21:46
re: Quick POLL hole in 1
user80078
Reply : Thu 12th Sep 2013 11:30

Holed in one a couple of years ago at 151 yd 5th at RAF Waddington GC. Into a strong breeze I hit a low hybrid that jumped the front bunker and settled in the mid green cup. Have been close before and since, but that was my only ace. Keep going , you'll get there!

user25808
Reply : Thu 12th Sep 2013 12:02

No holes in 1 yet but have been very close including hitting the flag stick twice

user477305
Reply : Thu 12th Sep 2013 15:01

I think I'm rare but I have hit two in a relatively short golf career. Both were on very short par 3's (about 125ish yards) The first was literally less than a year into playing the game (I must have played less than 10 rounds). I completely thinned the ball and it rolled all the way to the green, hit the pin and just dropped. Biggest fluke that I have ever hit.

My second was this year and it was on a round that I wasn't even scoring. My best friend wanted to get into the game and I was taking him round an easy course (Barnehurst) for his first time and just teaching him the rules and etiquette etc. There is a short par 3 there that is downhill, I hit my 54 wedge (my usual range for it is betwenn 100-110) and the ball landed 10 foot in front of the pin, bounced twice, rolled and hit the break perfectly, dropped strait in. It was a beautiful moment!

user43763
Reply : Thu 12th Sep 2013 16:14

Is reading this thread making anyone else more and more depressed?

user106712
Reply : Thu 12th Sep 2013 16:24

I've had 2. My first was on 10th August last year at Oulton Hall 180 yards par 3 hit a 4 iron into the wind straight at the pin.took one bounce and went in. We played early and when we got back the bar was closed but the waitress let me get a pint for my mate Got my second hole in one at Filey on 4th July, 11 months after my first one. 115 yards hit a 50 degree gap wedge slightly right but it bounced left and went in It was a society do and there were 15 of us, so I bought a bottle of whiskey and gave everyone a nip!

Last edit : Thu 12th Sep 2013 16:25
user375014
Reply : Thu 12th Sep 2013 16:58

good work guys so they are, well, not common but certainly not as rare as rocking horse crap or hens teeth! Ive been close a few times as i say but as i play alot of the time on my own i am guaranteed to get one whilst i am on my own and no one will believe me and will just have to buy myself a pint!!! for me although i'd love one, id much prefer a consistant round in the 70's as ive had only two of them.

user99350
Reply : Thu 12th Sep 2013 21:09

I've had one at 17th Moorallerton 150yd. It wasn't the best strike and didn't look like it was right at the hole so I bent down to pick my tee up, happy that it was on the green when my partner shouted it went in. I was on for a personal best 73 that day but double bogeyed the last...bugger.

user131525
Reply : Thu 12th Sep 2013 21:21

I had one when I was 15. Nothing particularly close since in quite a lot of years!

user141494
Reply : Fri 13th Sep 2013 10:20

I have had two. One a number of years back on the 2nd at Stoke Albany golf. I hit a 8 iron into the 137 yard hole. My second was a few weeks ago at Prestatyn golf. It was the 143 yard 11th and you cannot see the green from the tee due to a high faced bunker in front. I hit a pitching wedge and was searching off the back of the green as there was no ball on the green. For fun I decided to look in the hole and there was my ball. My first thought was to tell my playing partner that he was now 2 down!

user43166
Reply : Fri 13th Sep 2013 13:13

I've had 6... oh no, sorry, I was dreaming. Never come closer than a yard or 2. A friend of mine (who is so bad we let him play off 36 in society comps) very nearly got one last year. Long par 3 but down hill - he picked his biggest club and took his usual untidy swipe at the ball. It landed 2/3 down the slope, trundled down, onto the green and started curling directly at the hole - just missed by an inch or 2...

user77012
Reply : Fri 13th Sep 2013 16:59

Add the one I had on 30/08/13 I've had 4 in 25yrs of golf. 1st 145yr 7iron, 2nd and 4th 150yrds 9iron same hole and the 3rd 189yrds 5iron all good shots (if I do say so myself ) , but obviously fluked them #Gilbertslaw

Only witnessed two others , the one being a slapped 5 iron by a novice golfer at my stag doo , was never going anywhere else but the hole. His Stapleford points tally was 5pts thanks to the Hole in One !

user356537
Reply : Fri 13th Sep 2013 20:17

I've had a few. They've all been in competitions or matches and, rather annoyingly, they've all been on the same hole - the 7th at Kenilworth GC. It's a 145 yard par 3 with a big raised bunker in front of the green meaning that I've never seen the ball go in the hole. The club has varied from a 5 iron to a 9 iron depending on the wind.

I've also had one on our par 3 course but I don't count that one!

user530369
Reply : Sat 14th Sep 2013 00:02

never had one but in a fourball matchplay at Church Stretton in Shropshire (a must play if ever there was one) we came to the 18th all square. Opposition teed off and player one put the ball to about three feet. His partner knocked one inside to about two. I teed it up and hit an eight iron about nine inches behind the hole and my partner then hit the pin and finished on the lip... We shook hands on the tee and went and got utterly trolleyed - most bizarre hole I have ever been involved in.

user217280
Reply : Tue 17th Sep 2013 17:57

I have never had any, the closest I have come to a hole in 1 is about half an inch after hitting the flag, but I have only been been playing for around 30 years, so it shouldn't be long now.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top