Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Royal St Georges, Royal Cinque Ports, Chart Hills or Princes

Posted by: user466742 | Wed 4th Sep 2013 10:18 | Last Reply

So, my question is, if you could choose between playing any of the above four, which would it be? I'm going to try to convince a couple of friends to play one of these before the weather takes a turn for the worse, maybe try and play one at the start of October. Green fees are on the high side but leaving that aside which would you choose to play?

re: Royal St Georges, Royal Cinque Ports, Chart Hills or Princes
user25808
Reply : Wed 4th Sep 2013 10:35

I have played Princes so I think I'd go for Royal St Georges for the history and its on the current Open rota

user250721
Reply : Wed 4th Sep 2013 21:08

Royal St Georges. But its obviously going to be pricey and hard to get on.

Im taking a group of 30+ to Princes in March. Excited about that.

user21179
Reply : Thu 5th Sep 2013 06:55

Hi Andrew I played Chart Hills last week for the second time and really enjoyed it. It feels very man made if that makes sense but the bunkering is something else. RSG has so much history, being on the open rota, but is just fantastic in it's own right. I haven't played the other 2 but I am just licking my wounds from a round at nearby Littlestone last night. The 3 links courses will all be very different to Chart Hills and something you should experience but also approach with care. Go for RSG if you can, you will love it.

user466742
Reply : Thu 5th Sep 2013 09:09

Thanks for the responses chaps! I'm going to try and convince them to play RSG but i'm not sure all of them will want to fork out the £150+ for a round. But wherever we play i'll make sure to put a detailed write up on here!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top