Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golfshake Android app

Posted by: user320660 | Tue 3rd Sep 2013 09:09 | Last Reply

Hi Guys, Do you know if it is possible to get a Golfshake Android app. to record/store rounds of golf. If not it would be a great idea (I think so anyway). I use Golfshake to store my round stats online but if an Android app is available it would be great. Having the Android app syncing with the current online tool would be awesome.

thanx.

re: Golfshake Android app
user43763
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 13:09

second that!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 14:36

Yup I've unfortunately sat on the fence delivering a Golfshake scoring app for a number of reasons particularly with constant changes in technology and devices plus the acceptability of mobiles on the course and views around them also increasing issues with slow play.

Anyway, I've can't deliberate and procrastinate for much longer and shortly Golfshake will roll out the first phase in a BETA app for testing so watch this space!

user43763
Reply : Mon 9th Sep 2013 14:29

maybe in the app it can have helpful reminders like fill out your score on the next tee, not on the green. Drives me barmy that. look forward to it

user21179
Reply : Mon 9th Sep 2013 16:36

Alan It wouldn't matter about helpful reminders. Live scoring on the phone would undoubtedly add more time to a round. The biggest point however is that any device capable of communication is not allowed in competition play. You could record social rounds obviously, but why bother. I also use my phone more than my pc to add rounds, but would only ever do it after a round. What's wrong with a score card and pencil ?

user402773
Reply : Fri 10th Apr 2015 23:12

Hi Golfshake,

There is an excellent scoring app for Android called easyscorecard. Unfortunately, the dev has decided that he doesn't have enough time to actively develop it any more. Rather than have all his excellent work go to waste, how about you get together?

At the moment, I use Easy Scorecard Pro to record my round, then manually transfer my data to Golfshake when I get home! I feel like this should be easier!

Last edit : Fri 10th Apr 2015 23:12
user53837
Reply : Thu 8th Oct 2015 10:55

Hi all, just to confirm that the Golfshake app as finally arrived in the UK Apple app store.

To download access the Apple store and search for 'golf handicap' or 'golfshake' or follow this link

https://appsto.re/gb/I0w85.i

The initial phase is focused on the core Golfshake functionality; tracking scores and stats, access to handicap data and basic round information as well as providing the ability to also read course reviews and track scores for additional players.

Now we are live we are just finishing off the Android development and will then be looking at phase 2 which will focus on improved stats & analysis within the app plus additional functionality as per the feedback of the survey we did.

Last edit : Thu 8th Oct 2015 10:55

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top