Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Adidas traxion golf shoes

Posted by: user417395 | Sat 31st Aug 2013 12:32 | Last Reply

want to know if i am just unlucky i have bought a adidas traxion golf shoes and the first pair i got leaked within 7 months so as they were under warranty i returned them for a second only for the same thing to happen to the new ones within 6 months has anyone else had issues with these shoes.

re: Adidas traxion golf shoes
user246701
Reply : Sun 1st Sep 2013 10:54

Adidas seem to have a bad reputation for golf shoes ... Heal lining being the main culprit ... as an owner of 4 pairs of adidias shoes I can't see why as all of mine are fine (360's adizero and adicross). I've seen many posts elsewhere about other manufactures having the same issues so its not that simple.

For me the warranty is a big plus, many of the adidas come with 2 year warranty now so certainly worth using it and getting a nice new shiny pair each time

user375014
Reply : Sun 1st Sep 2013 23:15

had 4 recent pairs of Adidas, two pairs of golf shoes and two trainers and all of them are crap inside the heel lining, rub like anything and ive had to carry my old shoes with me on every round incase they rub (which they do after about the 6th hole), whilst i try n wear them in!! Wont be buying anyme adidas trainers or golf shoes again. Last pair cost over £100, its alot to just carry e around most of the round in my bag!!!!!

user43763
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 13:13

I bought adidas 4.0 something. great looking shoe and kept waterproof so far, but as mentioned, rub worse than any pair of shoes ive ever owned, had blisters on blisters on one round but after 20 odd round finally seem to be in good order, im going to bite the bullet next time and just get footjoys

user375014
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 22:03

exactly my thoughts Footjoy next time for me too

user425195
Reply : Wed 4th Sep 2013 16:46

I had a pair of powerband 4.0 - the heals allways rubbed but despite that they were allways comfortable, however after about 9 months the fabric at the heal got worn away and they looked tatty.

Also, Iafter couple of changes, the spikes on the front of the shoe wouldn't stay on, I was losing at least one a round.

Like others, I bought a pair of footjoys for this year - 6 months on they look as good as new. They may not be as trendy as the Adidas one's, but I can play 36 holes and forget I've got anything on my feet.

Last edit : Wed 4th Sep 2013 16:47
user578846
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2014 07:23

yes brian adidas has got a very bad repo in golf shoes but i have been using adidas trainers for a long time they are really good and comfortable,...

user246701
Reply : Fri 11th Apr 2014 16:44

Can't say I've actually seen the reputation in practise though. Have got many Adidas golf shoes and everyone has been fine for me ... certainly the heel issues seem to be older shoes and not fitting correctly.

For a comparison the latest FJ DNA experienced the same spike issues that the adizero have been seeing, yet the issue is rarely mentioned.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top