Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Best Irons 2013

Posted by: user552416 | Fri 30th Aug 2013 21:59 | Last Reply

Looking for some new irons I play off 9 can anyone give me there personal views on what's good for feel and forgiveness... I have found this video which is great do you agree with the awards?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84wL3YgyNpw

re: Best Irons 2013
user99350
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 21:51

Well Alan, I think you should definately go for blades. You must have the potential being off 9. Don't get hung up about forgiveness because if you don't strike the ball correctly no amount of forgiveness will get your ball where you wanted it to be. Blades will give you the feel and focus your mind on striking the ball. Once you know EXACTLY how far you can carry the ball with each club, you'll enter onto another plateau and you'll get the 'feel' golfers talk about. I reckon your handicap will drop further. Having said that my regular playing partner has some cavity back callaway's and I've trid them...they're really good. Looking at the video I still love the titleist forged irons. Look and see if you can try them out (I like the titleist mainly for the looks and how they sit). They'll be my next buy. Good luck.

re: Best Irons 2013
user375014
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 22:58

Ive played with a set of Cleveland Blades for the last 8 year or so starting at about handicap of 28 so found the blades really hard to use for many years but stuck with them and now playing off a lower handicap i can appreciate the "feel" factor but make sure you are ready to start using blades. I too used my brothers new Taylor made Rocketballs with cavity backs and every shot was straighter and even got away with some rough looking shots, but i take pride in having a good round using the blades knowing they are that bit harder to use than my playing partners more forgiving clubs.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top