Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Looking for club near Hartpury glos

Posted by: user502775 | Tue 27th Aug 2013 19:21 | Last Reply

Hi can anyone recommend a good golf course near Hartpury GLoucestershire as I have just moved into the area was a member at a club before I moved Many thanks James Wilson

re: Looking for club near Hartpury glos
user502775
Reply : Wed 4th Sep 2013 21:19

Just can not believe no one would want to recommend there club to a prospective new member ,that had just moved into the area

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Sep 2013 23:26

Sorry John, I missed the post

I live in Stroud and play at Minchinhampton, but that may be a bit of a distance for you. The only clubs I have played closer to you are the Gloucester and Brickhampton.

The Gloucester is a decent enough course, but there are some big hills and it can get a bit wet in winter months. It's also a hotel (Ramada) course so you may have residential hackers on the course. I found it quite interesting and the 9th(?) is a monster par 3

Brickhampton is quite a new course but is maturing quite well and will be pretty good in a few years. Front 9 is quite short but the back 9 makes up for it. The course is quite varied and I thought a good Matchplay style course. I played in September last year and the course was in pretty good condition

If you wanted to give Minchinhampton a try you'd be welcome to join me for a game. They are also doing a winter membership (Minch has the best draining courses in the area and is rarely closed) for £199 from 1st November to 31st March

user24437
Reply : Thu 5th Sep 2013 13:30

'Gloucester has some big hills', eh Chris? No, it's got one bloody great one. The fact that it's got a ski slope right next to it should be a clue.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 5th Sep 2013 23:38

True Tim, but you can get some cracking distance on your drive on that long downhill par 4

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top