Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Frustration And Hope all in one round

Posted by: user466742 | Tue 27th Aug 2013 10:24 | Last Reply

So i played one of my local courses yesterday after a lesson on Saturday. After changing my grip and swing plane in the lesson i wasn't really expecting to break 100 on a par 71 course. I thought that my swing would be pretty unpredictable. I wasn't as consistent and my misses were slightly less predictable than normal, but if it wasn't for 5 awful holes i would of scored much lower than the 19 over (2 over gross) that i hit. These holes were down to lack of concentration and playing shots i wouldn't normally try to hit. In all i hit 6 pars and a birdie. Which gives me a lot of hope of reducing my HC once I've had a few more lessons! But it's also pretty frustrating to know i hit 19 over on the other 12 holes!

Definitely recommend anyone that plays to have lessons, even if you just want help with something simple. They'll more than likely have the knowledge and drills to use to help you improve!

Oh and for anyone wondering, the Pro i went to is Ben Blackburn down at Kings Hill GC. Really know's his stuff from what i can tell! Have another two lessons with him in the next few weeks and will more than likely be getting more after those...

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top