Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Course Record?

Posted by: user548792 | Thu 15th Aug 2013 19:33 | Last Reply

The lowest recorded scratch score at out course was from a supplementary score played from the medal tees. Would this count as the clubs' course record or would the score have to have been made in an official club competition/medal?

re: Course Record?
user25808
Reply : Fri 16th Aug 2013 10:57

I would have thought it would have to be an official club competition, I wouldn't have thought a supplementary score would count as a course record

user89876
Reply : Thu 22nd Aug 2013 11:23

i think that score will remain the unofficial record

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 24th Aug 2013 17:21

Not an expert, but I'd say it would have to be in an official competition.

Russ

user25808
Reply : Sat 21st Sep 2013 10:25

I think you'll find most,if not all,golf clubs will have some guidance in their constitution stipulating course records can only be recognized in official club competitions or opens.

I'm sure the same applies for hole in ones at my club, have to be in official comps to be recognized. Supplementary scores, even though they count towards your handicap, still not an official comp.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 21st Sep 2013 18:49

"under Competition Play Conditions" seems to point towards competition rounds, as I think it should be.

At one club, Howard Clark held the amateur course record of 64 and Maurice Bembridge the Pro record of 62. These were held for a while and many members were proud that Ryder Cup players held the course records. One day a young member shot a 62 in a Monthly Stableford and his card replaced Howard Clark's on the wall. Many members questioned this and it became a conversation piece amongst visitors.

A few years later the committee sort clarification from CONGU and were told that the new record was unofficial but they had 'lost' Howard Clark's card so it had to stay, until someone beat it in a Medal Comp.

user25808
Reply : Sun 22nd Sep 2013 00:58

Sean, supplementary scores are not official club competitions. Even though you have to play under competition conditions your still not actually playing in a comp.most clubs if not all will only recognise a course record score if it was scored in a official club competition. Also I know this is true at my club it has to be a qualifying competition, obviously not all club comps are qualifiers.

Last edit : Sun 22nd Sep 2013 01:22

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top