Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Choke and mental issues

Posted by: user264257 | Sun 28th Jul 2013 21:21 | Last Reply

Just a quick question if this happens to other players, I play pretty constantly in the mid 80's and my best today 81. However when I play in the amateur tour I can't break 100. Like last week shot 84 on Saturday then played Gtour on Sunday and blobbed first 6 holes, some of it was bad luck I finished on 6 points for the first 9. I then came back well with 14 points on the back 9. So I must have the mental strength to keep going and not loosing my head I just can't seem to work out why and wondered if any one else has this going on thanks.

re: Choke and mental issues
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jul 2013 22:00

Will pass on specifically answering but check out these features we've recently added on Golfshake.

The mental game ...... Waste of money or a real must for EVERYBODY

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/6029/The_mental_game_Waste_of_money_or_a_real_must_for_EVERYBODY.html

Video Special: Robin Sieger - Coping with Pressure

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/6013/Video_Special_Robin_Sieger_Coping_with_Pressure.html

user356537
Reply : Fri 2nd Aug 2013 11:13

If you have an iPhone/iPad you might like to download Dr Karl Morris' GOLF: THE MIND FACTOR app. Karl Morris is recognised as one of the leading mind coaches and works with many of the top players, both amateur and professional.

Also, the Bob Rottella books are excellent.

user338942
Reply : Fri 2nd Aug 2013 18:16

Posts like this make me feel like I'm dead behind the eyes. The only time a little bit of nerves comes in is playing matchplay where it goes down the last couple of holes. Can feel the tension in those situations, but in a regular comp I feel nothing. I just get on with the golf and enjoy my day.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top