Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Surprised my H/C hasn't changed!

Posted by: user398345 | Sat 27th Jul 2013 22:07 | Last Reply

Hit a 95 today for a new PB after a couple of 99s. With my 28 H/C that took me down to 67 on a Par 69, so 2 under. But I'm still stuck on 28 according to golfshake. I thought if I hit under 97, I would start to reduce that 28 at last!

re: Surprised my H/C hasn't changed!
user40826
Reply : Sat 27th Jul 2013 22:45

The SSS is 66, you'll need to shoot lower than that to get a cut.

user398345
Reply : Sat 27th Jul 2013 23:09

Oh, so the Par 69 is a false target really, and the 66 SSS is what I need to better. Ho hum!

Well despite being quite chuffed with todays result, I came off having given the course a couple of shots with a penalty drop out of a ditch, plus a duffed tee shot that barely got past the Red markers, so I know I can do it next time, or the time after that, or....... thanks for your response.

user40826
Reply : Sun 28th Jul 2013 06:18

The SSS is the Standard Scratch Score, the score a scratch player would be expected to score when he/she plays the course.

Sounds like you enjoyed the round and have a few things to work on - that's all we want from this great game

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jul 2013 21:42

Bob, Chris is correct. Obviously here on Golfshake we don't provide strict official handicaps so don't use the CSS system that is used in competitions and for club handicaps so we base on the SSS.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top