Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Why oh why?

Posted by: user16106 | Sat 27th Jul 2013 21:24 | Last Reply

Played the drift today in a 3/4 hcap comp. Looked a quite tight course so tought around 30 pts would be a good target. Nice course, good hot weather, very good greens. Started of a nightmare! blob, bogie, blob. Finished front 9 with 9 points. Thats my comp overwith! I then started to relax and play well. Good bogie on a hard par 5. Par, Par, Par, alas a double bogie, birdie, par, bogie , par finish. 30 points. Ended up 3rd. Delighted with 30 pts off 3/4 hcap. I know its an old cliche." a round of 2 halfs" but why oh why? Happy my second half was decent not my 1st. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: Why oh why?
user106712
Reply : Sun 28th Jul 2013 21:03

probably cos you're cac handed !!! ;-)

user504404
Reply : Mon 29th Jul 2013 11:53

I hate the Drift lol

Like you Dave I had a nightmare front 9 when I last played there in 2011 - Total 6pts!

Finished with 25pts so like you had a good back 9

The course really punishes you for going off line!

user338942
Reply : Mon 29th Jul 2013 22:15

I think you've answered it yourself Dave - you were relaxed and cant give a damn after the front 9. Played in a comp with a guy a few months ago who had about 12-14 points through 11 holes and shot -2 on the last 7 holes. Its probably the same we all have a good game after a few months off - you go into the game with no/little expectations.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jul 2013 22:04

Dave, you ever thought about checking out any of the mental game stuff/pre shot routines etc ?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top