Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

North Vs South 2013

Posted by: user21179 | Tue 16th Jul 2013 09:02 | Last Reply

Registration for N vs S 2013 is now open. It is due to take place at Hellidon Lakes, Daventry on sep 22nd and 23rd. This year it is a 2 day event and has 3 formats !! For those that have played before the event needs no introduction, but if anybody is considering playing for the first time, then sign up asap as spaces are filling up fast. It is a great event to take part in with the competition and enjoyment being second to none. I look forward to the coming weeks with interest as the teams take shape and the banter begins !

re: North Vs South 2013
user249902
Reply : Tue 16th Jul 2013 22:24

Tim,

how much for just the Golf. I live less than 30 minutes away, so no need to stay over, unless that counts me out.

based in Coventry so not sure if thats N or S of the dividing line

user21179
Reply : Tue 16th Jul 2013 23:12

Hi Robert. Darren may be able to answer the question of a golf only price, but it may be the case that it doesn't save anything as the hotel are offering a deal for the whole package. Why not stay over and have a few beers with dinner and perhaps a couple more after anyway. In terms of which side to play for, it's a question which comes up year after year. I would say play for which ever side you see yourself as. You may not feel part of one side or another initially, but once you have played for one side you will not switch allegiances. If you do get to take part, you would be very welcome to play for the winning South side.

user249902
Reply : Wed 17th Jul 2013 07:22

Tim

Thanks for the reply, no more annual leave until next April, and as I work night shift on a Sunday I could still make the first tee time on Monday. I am a Coventry Kid from birth, so happy to play for which ever team my location falls into.

user38216
Reply : Sat 20th Jul 2013 20:07

Im staying over, about time these southern softies were shown how to drink...i'm certainly not going to show them how to play golf!!!

user26342
Reply : Sat 20th Jul 2013 21:32

I'm also staying over & I'll buy the south captain his first shandy to console him after their day 1 loss.

user21179
Reply : Sun 21st Jul 2013 02:05

I really look forward to having a beer with everyone from the North and South teams, but remember it is a 2 day event floody and I have the not so secret weapon of Leyo to hamper those looking to have a few beers on Sunday night.

user504404
Reply : Sun 21st Jul 2013 20:36

Hi Tim

I have put down that I am interested (as currently I do not work on Sundays & Mondays), not played in one of these before as been on the site for less than a year. Will be coming up from the south coast (live 5mins walk from the sea) but the journey to Daventry is certainly do-able.

Only thing is that I won't strengthen the south "drinking side" if i play as I don't drink!! :-)

user516308
Reply : Mon 22nd Jul 2013 11:49

Where are all the details for this, dates, costs etc as I may be interested although I also live on the doorstep.

user21179
Reply : Mon 22nd Jul 2013 11:52

Hi Nigel, as I originally posted, I can thoroughly recommend playing in the event. You would be a welcome addition to the South side and will hopefully enjoy it if you play. Depending on who I travel up with, we may even be able to arrange a lift up for you as I am based in Hove (could save some petrol money )

user504404
Reply : Mon 22nd Jul 2013 12:55

Hi Tim

I have changed my status to "player request" as will def play if selected. Thanks for the possible offer of transport, see how things develop as you say. I am next door to Littlehampton.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 22nd Jul 2013 21:53

Just sorted the non-golfer rate, info to be published tomorrow!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 24th Jul 2013 15:03
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 30th Aug 2013 08:46

still last few spots to confirm

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top