Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

longest par 5 in uk

Posted by: user485075 | Sun 14th Jul 2013 19:55 | Last Reply

Styrupp hall Doncaster south Yorkshire 715 yards off white tee and think was 667 off yellow is this UK lo best par 5

re: longest par 5 in uk
user16163
Reply : Mon 15th Jul 2013 08:39

Brian I have played this numourous times and there are a few golfshakers who are members of styrrup Lovely course and a bugger of a par 5 at that length even harder when it's into the wind!!!

Best I have done is driver 3wood and 9iron to the green 1putt birdie, have parred it a few times but I think average score is 6/7

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 15th Jul 2013 21:50

Do we have the data wrong on Golfshake ? only 699 off whites ?

user44234
Reply : Tue 16th Jul 2013 22:35

Yes Darren, You do have wrong. The card yardage of the 3rd hole at Styrrup is 712 from the Medal Tee and 664 from the visitors tee. There are though 2 visitors tee boxes. The second added a couple of years ago to make it a little easier. I'm a member and it can play as long as 720yds, its a bitch into the wind and most breath a sigh of relief with a 6. Surprisingly I have birdied it and often managed a very hard worked 5. I suspect it could be the longest par 5 in Europe without having a Championship tee. The 4th is another par 5 but at a meagre 521yds an easy par 5!

user355541
Reply : Thu 18th Jul 2013 12:36

Wonder why they don't just make it a Par 6 as CONGU now allows holes of 660 + yards to be Par 6.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top