Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Day Prizes

Posted by: user141494 | Sun 14th Jul 2013 15:38 | Last Reply

Hello Everyone, After wondering what prizes to offer for this year's company golf day, I thought I would ask for some input from your good selves. I am running a pairs competition and wish to do prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd pair. I normally also do a little prize for last place pairing too. Last year I offered 1st place the Garmin S1 Watch each, 2nd place a Srixon carry bag and 3rd place a wine gift box. The golf prizes were from a well known golf retail store who kindly let me purchase them with a gift receipt so the winners could return the items and spend the value of the prize. This was fortunate as one of the winners of the watch walked up to collect it wearing one! If you played a golf day what type of prizes do you like to win? Golf related or not? Thank you Shane

re: Golf Day Prizes
user25808
Reply : Mon 15th Jul 2013 07:33

Hi Shane.

A box of premium golf balls, PRO V1 etc, is always a good 1 in my opinion. Also a 4ball voucher for a decent course

user43166
Reply : Mon 15th Jul 2013 08:29

Shane, have you looked at offering a hole in one prize? I looked into this about 6 months ago - it is fairly cheap to get a deal to offer a car as a prize. There are companies out there that offer it fairly cheaply - basically you just pay for the insurance against someone getting it. The deal will depend on how difficult the hole is and the standard of players; there is some official-dom to make sure it is all run fairly. I didn't take it forward as the numbers I was organising for were too low to justify it.

user40826
Reply : Mon 15th Jul 2013 21:14

The hole in one prize is a great idea. We just had our presidents day and a hole in one on the 4th landed a £2000 holiday voucher, with a £250 voucher for an ace on any other Par 3.

Nobody won, but it was a nervous moment when my ball rolled around 3 feet passed the hole.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top