Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Nice surprise this morning :)

Posted by: user40826 | Wed 10th Jul 2013 19:18 | Last Reply

Was teaching this morning and I could feel my phone ringing in my pocket, it went to answering machine and then I thought nothing of it till lunchtime.

Missed call from the golf club? Wondered if it was about getting involved in the junior coaching - they are asking for volunteers to go through the Level 1 coaching programme. Nope not that.

I've been asked to play for the club in a league match against Lilleshall Golf Club! I was so pleased, never been asked to do anything like this before! We've got a brunch at 10:00am and tee off, better ball match play at 12:00pm, with a presentation afterwards.

This year has been brilliant for firsts. First captains drive in, played on G-Tour, played in the season starter on here, played The Belfry, now representing my club.

Great way to start the afternoon I even told my class of 7 and 8 year olds, they were excited, but not quite sure why, ha ha.

I get to take my Tri-Golf team to the School Games Finals in Warrington on Friday as well after winning the local schools competition. Oh and it's the Presidents Putter on Sunday, hole in one on the 4th wins £2000 holiday voucher. A hole in one on any par three wins £500 voucher.

Great Friday, Saturday, Sunday ahead

Happy days

Last edit : Wed 10th Jul 2013 20:06
re: Nice surprise this morning :)
user338942
Reply : Wed 10th Jul 2013 20:18

Sounds awesome!!

I represented my club in the juniors once like yourself having missed a few phone calls through the day, however in a quirk of by-laws in County Durham you are a junior until you are 22. I rocked up after work, in my own car, unshaven and in office attire.... not really your stereotypical 'junior'. Long story short, I got whooped 7&6 against 14yo 23hcper who shot +2 gross on the front 9. Needless to say I took advantage and had a couple of pints waiting for the rest of the juniors to come in.

user40826
Reply : Thu 11th Jul 2013 06:21

Ha ha, a junior with a beard and who can drive a car! 7&6, ouch. At least the beer tasted good.

Last edit : Thu 11th Jul 2013 06:22
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 12th Jul 2013 10:47

Well done Chris!

user40826
Reply : Fri 12th Jul 2013 21:57

Cheers. Looking forward to the whole day now.

Matchplay betterball with a partner? 3/4 handicap? I'm know they'll help me in the morning, but any advice before I go out there?

user40826
Reply : Sun 14th Jul 2013 19:52

Well, what a great few days.

My Tri-golf team won the county championships! I won my match on Saturday 5&4 Club won the match 6-2 And I'm sat waiting to see if I won the presidents putter competition. Here's hoping.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top