Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Lets get this forum buzzing again....

Posted by: user338942 | Fri 5th Jul 2013 22:07 | Last Reply

Where are you playing this weekend and what are you looking forward to?

Double header for me this weekend. Playing in the first club comp of a new era tomorrow at our place turning from municipal to private club, then Sunday playing in the Nike Matchplay at the awesome (and pretty dam posh) Rockliffe Hall

re: Lets get this forum buzzing again....
user103169
Reply : Sat 6th Jul 2013 22:01

Im playing the TGA Yorkshire Open at Ripon....but then you know that..

user40826
Reply : Sat 6th Jul 2013 22:47

Good call.

Playing in the July medal tomorrow at Market Drayton Golf Club Weather looks awesome for tomorrow. Finished 14th last week, finishing 6,6,6 Could have been top 3 without that finish.

Anyway, clubs clean, shoes clean, grips clean, trolley clean and ready for action. Can. Not. Wait.

user504404
Reply : Sun 7th Jul 2013 17:03

Played monthly medal at my club today, blinding hot weather!!!! Drinks buggy was out on course for us which is very unusual.

Shot 37 front 9, (2 over) thought I was on for my best ever round for a short while but wilted slightly on back 9 with 1 OOB to finish with 80, (10 over) net 68.

Still was great to play in lovely warm conditions and I played really solid apart from 1 major error.

user26342
Reply : Sun 7th Jul 2013 21:18

Played yesterday in my July medal & came 7th. 1 triple & 3 doubles on the card! Had to have the umbrella up as it was so hot

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 7th Jul 2013 21:55

Not long in from the Nett Championship. 36 holes, 18 on each course. The heat was draining and I'm completely shattered. Shot -2 in the morning round and was well and truly in with a chance. Some bad luck and a few poor shots meant I took +6 in the afternoon. I came in with nett 146 total and I thnk nett 135 won it, though that was about 6 shots clear of 2nd place. Think I've finished top 10. Either way, I'm being cut again from the first round

Last edit : Sun 7th Jul 2013 21:55
user356537
Reply : Sun 7th Jul 2013 22:25

I've spent my whole weekend on golf courses and not hit a single shot!

On Friday afternoon I was running an England Golf Skills Challenge for the juniors at our club, on Saturday I organised a competition for 60 juniors from across South Warwickshire at the truly stunning Nailcote Hall Par 3 course and today I've walked 36 holes watching Warwickshire Boys (captained by my son) take on (unsuccessfully) Staffordshire Boys.

The best thing is, all that golf and I didn't drop a shot!

Last edit : Sun 7th Jul 2013 22:25
user40826
Reply : Mon 8th Jul 2013 06:48

Sounds like everybody seemed to enjoy the hot weather this weekend. I remember standing over a putt on 11 yesterday and thinking "this is how golf should be played."

Anyway finished Nett +5 for the medal on a day that could have brought so much more. I feel I'm very close to a cracking round. I just need to play more than once a week. Summer holidays are coming and I've got plenty of golf planned.

It's our presidents putter competition next weekend with some cracking prizes, including £2000 holiday voucher for a hole in one on the 4th and £500 voucher for a hole in one on any of the par 3's. I know its unlikely, but you've got to believe

Just booked for the Belfry again under their cracking offer of £99 Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, Spa, and tow rounds - one on the Brabazon and one on the Derby.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top