Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hi from Nottingham

Posted by: user475082 | Wed 3rd Jul 2013 16:37 | Last Reply

Hi everyone

I started playing golf in my early teens but found the usual distractions got in the way and had given up by 16. 15 years later and I am in love with the sport again with a bit more time to enjoy the game, but the same lack of skill it would appear!

I have lost my playing partner to the armed forces and after 2 months of playing on my own i'm getting a bit bored. I would love to play a few rounds with other like minded golfers if anyone is in/near the same area.

I am not a member of any club at the moment and play most of my golf at edwalton or ruddington, but would be willing to travel sensible distances for a game.

happy hacking

re: Hi from Nottingham
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 8th Jul 2013 08:35

Hi Chris, local to me but unfortunately I don't get out that often!

I'd check out the guys from the CGL (County Golf League) most are members on Golfshake and track their scores here etc plus there was a new Notts based society that started recently.

CGl - http://www.countygolfleague.com/

Regards, Darren.

user24437
Reply : Mon 8th Jul 2013 09:52

Hi Chris. Was going to reply earlier but your thread disappeared for a bit! I'm in Draycott which is the right side of Notts for you probably and I'm usually up for a game - I'm also a member of the CGL.

Never played Edwalton or Ruddington, but I do need to get a round in at the Nottinghamshire soon in preparation for the G Tour. PM me and we'll see if we can't meet up.

Obviously what we should do is to drag Darren out.....

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 8th Jul 2013 21:35

An invite you can't refuse

Nottinghamshire on the Friday of the Open ? I'm over that way supporting Adam in his 72 hole challenge.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top