Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Birchwood Park Golf Course - Becoming a member?

Posted by: user534407 | Sat 29th Jun 2013 14:28 | Last Reply

Hi,

Is anyone on here a member of Birchwood Park Golf Course in Kent? I am looking to join a course and wondered if Birchwood Park a good venue and being a member worthwhile i.e friendly etc?

Thanks for any info you may have.

re: Birchwood Park Golf Course - Becoming a member?
user477305
Reply : Wed 3rd Jul 2013 16:46

Mike,

I'm not a member of Birchwood but do play their fairly reguarly. I think as a club it is very well equipped (solid 18, par 3 9 hole, good driving range etc) the only facility lacking in my opinion is a decent short game area. The major thing that would put me off becoming a member is how public the course is. I accept that this is where they make most of their income but on more than one occassion I have had kids running over the 18th green and playing on the fairways around the clubhouse on a weekend. I'm a member at Shooters Hill GC (not too far away) and in my opinion the course is a much harder challenge, as well as being far more exclusive. It does suffer however from the lack of a driving range (although it has a superior short game area). Both are similar in pricing but it really depends what you want from a club.

Chris

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top