Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Revised Golfshake Top 100

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 19th Jun 2013 08:34 | Last Reply

The old Top 100 lists and overall course ratings for each course were based on the overall average so very much open to being skewed by bad reviews, multiple reviews etc

I've just released the first test run of a new ranking system which factors in things such as review; when reviewed, relevancy, who reviews, rating of review. Hopefully this will start to give more accurate reflection of a course.

http://www.golfshake.com/course/top100/

re: Revised Golfshake Top 100
user24437
Reply : Wed 19th Jun 2013 17:43

With Loch Lomond at 96? A course with very private membership, no visitor policy and no hope of most of us mortals playing there even if we could afford it....

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 19th Jun 2013 18:32

Lack of reviews for Loch Lomond I guess.

I would say this top 100 obviously reflects where Golfshake members & those leaving reviews play, so arguably a fairer reflection of a more accessible top 100 rather than the top 100s we always see with most courses costing way too much to play.

Everyday accessible top 100. Would you agree ?

Few glitches but the system is set-up to allow tweaks to improve the ranking algorithm.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Jun 2013 15:26

v1.1 now live. Loch Lomond is up to 53rd

Like I've mentioned this is more of the everyday top 100 with a bias to courses that are less exclusive and therefore more easily accessible to all golfers.

Check out the top 100s plus some of the regional lists and list based on price such as top 100 under £30:

http://www.golfshake.com/course/top100/under-30/

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top