Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Longest Day Golf Challenge

Posted by: user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 18th Jun 2013 19:08 | Last Reply

Has anyone ever taken part in this? I've got a team together for this year and going to give it a good run.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice (survival tips) for the day and how best to get through the four rounds?

For those that haven't heard of it or want to enter themselves, have a look.

re: Longest Day Golf Challenge
user502775
Reply : Tue 18th Jun 2013 20:31

hi Adam I did one a few years ago I suggest a change of shoes a nice early start and do not play a really long course plan a bit off time between rounds and have a good lunch after round 2 .best of luck you will have a great felling when you finish and very tired the next day

user309476
Reply : Wed 19th Jun 2013 14:01

would love to have a go at this myself but can't find anyone mad enough to come along!! GOOD LUCK with it.

Last edit : Wed 19th Jun 2013 14:02
user502775
Reply : Wed 19th Jun 2013 20:11

Lets have a golf shakes team or teams for next years longest day challenge

user43166
Reply : Thu 20th Jun 2013 08:34

I've been doing this for 6 years now. Every year I say never again but can never resist the challenge.

Yes, it is hard work, especially the 3rd and 4th rounds but how better to spend a day?

We have just completed this year's event on Tuesday. 4 of us went round together starting at 4:30. We played 2 rounds back-to-back, an hour for lunch with the obligatory all day breakfast and a refreshing shower, then another 2 back-to-back. We finished about 9:15.

Every year we play at Surrey Downs who have supported us every year on this, so hats off to them, especially the head greenkeeper who gets woken up by us buzzing him at the gate at 4:00 to let us in.

Would absolutely recommend it and a very worthy cause.

I must finish with a plug for our sponsorship. If you have a pound or two spare, everything is gratefully received... click here to donate

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 20th Jun 2013 08:55
user356537
Reply : Thu 20th Jun 2013 09:37

When I was a youth I played 108 holes in a day to raise money for BandAid. Don't think I'll be doing it again in a hurry!

user264761 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 20th Jun 2013 19:38

Ha, yeah I read about that today! 189!!

Thanks guys for the advice, going ahead with it next month.

I think a golfshake team next year is a great idea!

user338942
Reply : Mon 24th Jun 2013 19:56

I did the Muscular Dystrophy 4 Course Classic on Friday. Started at 4am finished 10pm. Got held up on the 3rd round by a society which was a bit of a pain, but was a great day and got a good amount of cash raised in the process.

user389585
Reply : Mon 24th Jun 2013 23:27

Me and my friend will do that in september.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top