Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa

Posted by: user534089 | Tue 18th Jun 2013 15:40 | Last Reply

Playing there in a couple of weeks is the course any good? It looks quite good in the pictures and videos but obviously everywhere that advertises golf tries to make it look good.

re: Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa
user26342
Reply : Wed 19th Jun 2013 06:44

Steven,

This is where the North v South event has been held for a few years. It was a good course but recently they have made some course changes which IMO lost a lot of it's original character. They have just opened up a new driving range which is supposed to be pretty good.

I'm sure a lot of people on here will give you their opinions as quite a lot of them have played it a few times.

user14009
Reply : Mon 24th Jun 2013 12:16

Hiya. Stay there often and was there for a few days a month ago. Played the course twice while there and it was in great condition! Always enjoy playing the course whatever the weather but N v S there is always a great atmosphere and game. The course isn't particularly easy but enjoy!

user21020
Reply : Fri 28th Jun 2013 09:59

Might be too late for you now Steven, but we held a Ryder Cup style event here a few years ago (perhaps around 2007 I think). I remember it being a very reasonable course, not spectacular, but what stood out was the 18th hole. A really good finishing hole, with excellent views from the terrace/bar which is immediately behind the green and elevated. It provided a perfect viewpoint to watch all our playing groups come in, particularly as the hole itself is a short par 4, risk-reward type hole with a chance of driving over water to the green.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top