Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

ashbury manor

Posted by: user97088 | Sat 15th Jun 2013 11:32 | Last Reply

hello folks I have not been on for some time due to home duty's, just been looking at a golf mag and planning a golf break for about 12 golfers I looked at the Ashbury manor deal in Devon, normally we stay at a hotel (Edinburgh this year) and play 4 courses, just wondering if any of you good guys out there have played and stayed at the Ashbury and what were your thoughts any feed back would helpful

re: ashbury manor
user16106
Reply : Sat 15th Jun 2013 18:01

Philip I went 2 years ago with a group of about 8 blokes. We had a great time. They have I think 7 courses 4 good length and 3 a bit shorter 5000yds +. Its very good value with breakfast and evening meal. The courses are pretty good but usually slow. When you are on holiday it wont really matter. It was it pretty good nick and buggies are a must. However i know of a goup of lads that have been 2 weeks ago and the greens were in poor condition it was reported. So ring ahead and ask about the greens. Overall Pretty good. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user97088
Reply : Sun 16th Jun 2013 14:11

hello Dave and thanks for the info, not been to this type of venue before but in this financial climate I think I will have to look around for a good deal otherwise my number of usually between 12 and 18 could drop to half and I would like to keep the numbers up, did you mange to visit the local area for a drink or did you stay on sight ?? cheers again. phil

user16106
Reply : Mon 17th Jun 2013 12:59

Phil, the bar at the hotel was fine for a drink. we also went down to Oakhampton which had a few pubs, done a bit of a walkabout. We also went to exeter for a night but the bars were very busy as city centers are. You takes your choice. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Mon 17th Jun 2013 13:00
user123290
Reply : Mon 17th Jun 2013 13:51

Hi Phil. I have been going to Ashbury now for the past 5 years and we are booked up again this year. We always go in July and have never had any problems. The course always seems in good condition that time of the year. A friend of mine who also comes with us went in March and he said it wasn't as good condition. For large groups you can't go wrong. Great value for money as there are plenty of courses as Dave mentioned. And all food is included. Drinks are decent price too and there is plenty to do on site.

user97088
Reply : Fri 21st Jun 2013 16:09

hi ben, we are off to Scotland on Sunday for a weeks golf 12 of us so I will put your views to my group there while enjoying a pint and see what feedback I get but by going on what you and Dave said it looks like a place worthy of a visit, thanks again boys

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top