Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Which Clubs

Posted by: user481043 | Sun 26th May 2013 19:28 | Last Reply

Hi Everyone My Dunlop clubs are serving me well and i have decided later on this year to have lessons .

if i was to purchase a used set of branded clubs say from Golfbidder or ebay is there ant brand you suggest theres no used sales places near me so i`ve got to use the internet Cheers

re: Which Clubs
user43763
Reply : Tue 28th May 2013 09:30

strange that this question has had no replies yet so I thought id give my tuppence worth.

I assume that you've not had many replies because the answer is usually the same with new clubs, You need to be fitted to ensure you get the most out of some new kit. ive bought lots of used sets and a couple of new and I wouldn't buy a set without being custom fit.

I appreciate this might be difficult so check out the ping website and you can put in some measurements and it can tell you if your standard length and lie and what other things you may need to look for. Google ping fitting and it should be near the top.

With this information you can then make an educated purchase even if you cant get a fitting.

Id worry more about the type of club you want to play rather than the brand, they are all much of a muchness and do the same sort of thing. I got custom fit for G15's and now realise the trajectory on them is much higher than I would like. Do you struggle to get the ball in the air? do you hit it from all over the face? all of this will affect your choice on club.

One thing I have experienced is Wilson staff doesn't have a very good build quality, that's not to say they are bad they were £150 cheaper than my pings but you get what you pay for. Just my experience however. Hope this helps

user489926
Reply : Tue 28th May 2013 22:17

Hi an, i would advise you to try different clubs at a shop, but failing that i can highly recommend benross clubs. They are as good as any larger branded clubs and great value for money as well as being very forgiving. Happy hunting!!

user504404
Reply : Wed 29th May 2013 10:01

From experience a little note of caution if you choose to buy over the net

Beware of fake gear - can be an issue with ebay

Also you will not be able to try before you buy, which suits some but is not for me

For what it is worth as you have stated there is no used sellers near you why don't you check out the pro shop at some local golf courses next time you go to one?

You will find a good choice of new and used gear and also you will probably get the chance to try out the clubs first. Just another thought for you .

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top