Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

putting lessions help

Posted by: user437621 | Tue 21st May 2013 01:43 | Last Reply

hiya I currently play at a links golf course and I know I am no good at putting. is it worth getting a lesion we don't have a pro at the club. so do you sujest I get a lesion at a parkland course as most of they clubs have pros who do lesion there. what do you sujest?

re: putting lessions help
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 21st May 2013 09:15

You can't beat seeing a Pro

Have you see the online tuition and putting videos on Golfshake:

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/putting/

user80078
Reply : Tue 21st May 2013 12:41

Hi Bradley. With a handicap like yours (13.5) you must be at least an adequate putter. What part of your putting do you see as weak? Are you leaving approaches short, well past or are you missing too many short ones. Perhaps do a bit of self analysis and then you can approach a coach with some information. I suggest it may just be a confidence thing as I usually putt well if I feel in the mood. Good luck !

user504404
Reply : Tue 21st May 2013 17:47

Hi Bradley

Putting has been the weakest part of my game, missing far too many putts from 8 foot inwards. Mostly pulled left of target feeling as if my hands have taken the putt left.

Spoke to my coach about it, he changed my grip (locked my wrist better on the putter grip) and lie of the putter and it has improved my putting and confidence no end.

Bottom line is there is no harm getting some pro advice in case it is only a small change like mine that can help a lot.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top