Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Push trolley recommendations

Posted by: user26342 | Fri 17th May 2013 21:49 | Last Reply

I'm thinking about trading in my S3 for a push trolley so I haven't got to bother with charging batteries etc.

Anyone got any recommendations out there?

re: Push trolley recommendations
user451727
Reply : Sat 18th May 2013 17:01

H John, I recently purchased a Motocaddy S1 Lite push trolley, I have never fancied a powered trolley. I bought it on the recommendation of a fellow golfer, having used a 2 wheel pull trolley for a number of years. I must admit I have been surprised at my energy levels after completing a round I don't feel nearly as tired after nearly 6,500 yards on my course as I did with my old trolley. I believe Motocaddy have a S3lite version of your current powered model which has a digital screen for distance measuring and round timing and the like. I could not recommend my model any highly, I think it's great. Regards, Colin.

user24437
Reply : Sat 18th May 2013 23:18

Be a man and carry.

user389585
Reply : Sat 18th May 2013 23:26

I have motocady s3 litle. Very nice troley

user216473
Reply : Sun 19th May 2013 18:17

I can highly recomend the Stewart Z push trolley. Had mine for 2 years, and it is fantastic. Great design, in particular the drink holder and the accesory points including the umberella holder, and finally it is British so supporting a UK Company. Fellow golfers are always commenting on how easy it rolls over the fairways and no need for the cumbersome issue of having to charge a battery.

user249902
Reply : Sun 19th May 2013 20:10

motocaddy S1/S3 lite or Stewart Golf Z3 depending on your budget

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 19th May 2013 21:35

Bit old but this was what was available 2 years ago

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/3140/Push_Trolleys.html

Stewart Z3 are well designed, light weight & compact (I have a Z1)

The new clicegear also look nice, there is an ad in the Todays Golfer this month plus the Big Max blade launches this month and is ultra compact :

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/5626/Big_Max_launch_The_Blade_The_worlds_first_ultraslim_trolley.html

user26342
Reply : Sun 19th May 2013 21:51

Cheers for suggestions chaps.

I'm liking the look of the Z3. I'm hoping I can try & find a store with some in stock so I can see one in the flesh.

Tim - have been carrying all through winter but I find it really awkward to keep everything dry when it rains. I'd also like to be able to walk properly when I'm older!

user77012
Reply : Mon 20th May 2013 16:25

John, I have the stewart Z1about a year now , it's mint , sold my powakaddy two days later!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 20th May 2013 22:32

I won a Stewart Z1 in a recent 36 hole comp. Seriously tempted to make it my first choice trolley rather than my Motocadddy S3. Great to leave in the car with the clubs in case you fancy a quick round after work as you don't have to worry about your battery

user249902
Reply : Mon 20th May 2013 23:11

American Golf and Direct Golf are stockists, so may be worth a quick call before travelling

user26342
Reply : Tue 21st May 2013 10:59

Dave / Chris,

Been to look at the Z3 today & first impressions was "wow, it's big" but after its been folded down it's really compact. I reckon with the wheels taken off I could get all of it in my Flight bag to take with me to La Manga?

When I get off my Hols I'm going to get one & my Motocaddy S3 will be going on Ebay.

user48341
Reply : Sat 25th May 2013 00:31

Although you wouldn't believe it from his comments above, Tim H. has always secretly admired my lime green Clic-gear trolley. It is really well made, has a very light action and folds up even smaller than the more flimsy looking Stewart Z3. I've had it for 3.5 years now and it's still going strong. Lots of helpful accessories available for it, too. (e.g. hedgehog wheel rims, GPS holder - and even winter mittens that stay attached to the handle bar!). Highly recommended

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top