Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Thoughts on Sergio - Will he ever grow up ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 13th May 2013 16:53 | Last Reply
re: Thoughts on Sergio - Will he ever grow up ?
user25808
Reply : Tue 14th May 2013 07:05

Good article Derek.

I always been a fan of Sergio but he behaved like a spoilt child at the weekend. I really can't believe he said what he did about Woods so publicly like that.

I wonder if other players will back up his comments, not many will in my opinion.

user504404
Reply : Tue 14th May 2013 10:08

He is a strange individual

Don't think I know any other golfer who appears down so many times when interviewed even when he is playing well!!

I am sure that this type of mentality is the reason he has not won more than he has over his career.

Really do not know what to make of his outburst over the weekend though. Also personally I think he had a major brain malfunction on the 17th, why oh why did he go for the pin when a safe shot to the middle of the green would of got him a par at worst and he might of won the event!!

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 14th May 2013 10:40

I think Tiger has a lot to learn. Seve was once asked why he 'marked' a 12" putt. He answered that if he holed out most of the crowd would chase off to the next tee and disturb the player he was playing with (who had a tricky 4ft putt left). Playing behind Seve was always difficult because of the time it took to clear the area around a green so you could play in.

Sergio seems a 'hot head' (in the nicest possible way) and I think he knows he LOST The Open at Carnoustie. Following Seve and Olly he is seen as the next Spanish superstar, but has yet to deliver.

Years ago a certain Jesus Lopez was hailed as a future superstar and he just disappeared off the scene. Peer Pressure?!!!

user25808
Reply : Tue 14th May 2013 12:41

Bet the next tournament Woods and Garcia are scheduled to play in they'll be paired together, that will get the crowds flocking in and the TV audiences up.

user127691
Reply : Tue 14th May 2013 13:22

baffled by this article, Tiger was to blame not Sergio. Yes had does act like a moody teenager alot of the time but he was bang on the money at the weekend.

I'm one of Tigers biggest fans and people on here chastice the guy for spitting, throwing clubs and other stupid little things, none of these things affect other player, this incident directly did.

"the marshall told me he had hit his shot" well tiger if your actually paying attention then you would know if he had. It was afetr all clearly Sergio turn, he knows his fans are absolute idiots on the course and should be mindful of others.

Just out of curiosty who marks a pro's card, do you mark your own? I'm assuming so especially as Tiger doesn't even bother to watch his opponent hit the ball.

Last edit : Tue 14th May 2013 13:24
user451055
Reply : Tue 14th May 2013 13:55

I thought that was an interesting comment by Tiger, especially as, after he had pulled the club out of his bag, he turned to the crowd to ask them to be quiet as Sergio took his shot. So he must have known Sergio hadn't hit his shot otherwise why ask them to be quiet.

I do think it is tough for Tiger as he has a huge crowd which he cannot really control. It is tough for his playing partner because of all the noise and movement.

I thought it was a it handbags at dawn for both of them but saying that I was thoroughly entertained by the little spat - fantastic little jibes.

Tiger could of course have nipped it in the bud immediately by just saying he wasn't aware of the incident but apologising like most people would. His 'complaining' comment was classic though - made me laugh.

I know it isn't really golf to be so public but it was entertaining.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top