Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

alighnment

Posted by: user16106 | Mon 6th May 2013 21:45 | Last Reply

Been through a bit of a bad patch lately, 26pts 28pts even shot 106 over the last few weeks. What the F### (flip ) is going on ? Alighnment? Im lined up ok a'rnt I ? looking at my clubs I have ,over a period of time started closing my club without even knowing it. I now pick a spot 4-5 inches in front of the ball and make sure my lines on my club face are perpendicular to line of aim. Last time out a credible 33pts with a few silly errors and a few 3 putts. All seems a lot better now. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: alighnment
user43763
Reply : Mon 6th May 2013 23:07

over confidence maybe? whats your bad shot? hook slice? where are you dropping a lot of shots

user16106
Reply : Mon 6th May 2013 23:53

Dont really have a bad shot Alun, if I did I could sort it. Most common bad shot is probably the thinned short chip. But I think addressing the alighnment fault defenaitly helps. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user24437
Reply : Tue 7th May 2013 15:42

You may have to just sit back and go through the basics again Dave - if you're anything like me. I tend to drift slowly to my old habits of closing my body down and hitting steep, so I need to just go over the range and start again just to get the feel of things again - it's amazing how quickly you slip into bad habits.

user26342
Reply : Wed 8th May 2013 07:26

My coach always gets me to go through the basics first. These are the one's to slip when I work on other swing changes.

Grip, Stance, Ball allignment & shoulders. It's normally one of those!

user504404
Reply : Wed 8th May 2013 10:04

My coach's exact words to me when I ask similar questions - "Go back to your basics Nige"

Dave - concentrate on your set up, then the swing process - we all tend to let these slip a bit at times.

user338942
Reply : Thu 9th May 2013 20:18

Best thing I've ever bought was a pair of alignment sticks. If I have a bad round in terms of accuracy and ball striking I just make sure I have a couple of range sessions with the sticks and fire 50-70 balls at the same target. I find it helps knowing where each body part should be lined up in accordance to the target.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top