Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

stolen ball

Posted by: user430247 | Sat 27th Apr 2013 19:03 | Last Reply

ok ,was playing agame after work , my mate tee,s off on the 9th , and some d$$khead kid ran out from the trees and nicked his ball and ran off at 100mph ,, (i found it funny ) whats the rule ??,, he walked up to where abouts the ball was and played a ball ,with out any drop shot ,is this right

re: stolen ball
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 27th Apr 2013 19:28

Over the years that I was at a Muni we had many incidents like yours.

If the ball had come to rest before the 'Outside Agency' (The Kid) moved it, a drop with no penalty as near as possible to the spot the ball was removed from.

Arguments arise when the ball hasn't come to rest and some people say that then The Kid becomes a 'rub of the green' and you have to play it from where it ends up. Playing from someone's garage on the local housing estate is not an option though. Luckily the Rule uses the word "accidentally" and so 99% of people will say "just drop a ball as near as possible to where it was".

user80078
Reply : Sun 28th Apr 2013 11:56

Your comments make a lot of sense David. However you forgot to mention that the 'kid' should be hanged by his ****s from the nearest tree.

user338942
Reply : Mon 29th Apr 2013 22:10

I've once seen a crow pick a ball up off a green and drop it about 35 yards over the back. Would the same rule apply?

user43166
Reply : Tue 30th Apr 2013 13:49

Both the crow and the spotty kid are equal in their status as an "outside agency" although one expects that the crow has a considerably higher standing in the morality stakes...

So, yes - if you are sure that the crow (or spotty git - with or with out his ****s) has moved your ball, it should be placed back. If you only suspect that this has happened, you play it as it lies or treat it as a lost ball if you cannot find it.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top