Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap question

Posted by: user391853 | Mon 22nd Apr 2013 08:55 | Last Reply

Hi, my current handicap is 18.2 and played yesterday, going round in 15 over. I put my score into golfshake but the despite being 3 under my playing handicap of 18, no adjustment was made. I have looked at the FAQ on handicap calculations and it says -

"If Net score is negative then for each shot less than 0, the Golfers Handicap is reduced by the amount specified by the category he/she is currently in."

My understanding is the 3 shot buffer zone applies only to scores over your handicap, not any under?

Am I overlooking something here or is it possible that the system has not given me a 0.9 decrease? Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do? I have tried deleting the round and re-adding it but that did not change anything.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

re: Handicap question
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 22nd Apr 2013 10:09

Paul,

I couldn't access the full information as to which 'Card' in the GS System you added your score, but if you added it to the one that shows PAR 69 (SSS 66) then it is correct.

When adding scores, always check that the SSS is correct and remember that hcp's are worked out on SSS and not PAR.

David

re: Handicap question
user391853
Reply : Mon 22nd Apr 2013 10:20

Thanks David, yes it was a card which had SSS as 66, I didn't appreciate the difference. Thanks for the quick response, case closed!

Cheers

Paul

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top