Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Taking a Divot

Posted by: user375014 | Fri 12th Apr 2013 20:58 | Last Reply

Although i do try and hit down on the balls as much as possible i dont really ever seem to create a divot, is this because i am not hitting down on the ball enough? i angle my club into the ball to create less loft but again dont seem to be taking any divot? Any advise?

Last edit : Fri 12th Apr 2013 20:59
re: Taking a Divot
user43763
Reply : Sat 13th Apr 2013 19:27

you could do what that seemingly plugged last piece of advice menitioned orrrr...

hows your spine angle through impact? a mate of mine has the same problem and tends to come up on the shot. whats your bad shot, top or thin many?

user43763
Reply : Sat 13th Apr 2013 19:28

just saw your handicap, do you even have a bad shot lol

user375014
Reply : Mon 15th Apr 2013 20:44

Hi Alun, well to start mate im cack handed so you could say there is a hell of a lot wrong with my swing!!!ha ha But to be honest i am not the most straightest of hitters and favour the fade, cant really purposely draw the ball but i dont see me not taking a divot as a problem but just wonder if its due to not hitting down on the ball enough? i was always trying to just take the ball cleanly off the surface when i learnt to play golf and have ever since until a lesson and watching more n more golf. I now understand that most of the hight comes from the ball being squirted off the club face rather than it just hitting it.

Ive always been almost scared to take a divot in the past thinking it would resemble the old Tom n Jerry comedy juddering through my arms esp on hard ground!!!

user43763
Reply : Wed 17th Apr 2013 14:09

wow your doing well with your "flaws" to be down to 14chp. great tip for getting better strikes is to set up to the ball and put a coin/another tee/bit of paper 1-2 inches in front of the ball then when you swing try to take out the coin. Don't really worry about where the ball goes. this helped me no end and my striking is pretty decent.

user43763
Reply : Thu 18th Apr 2013 21:12

lol dan, did it help you at all? take many divots? improve striking at all?

Or was it just an expensive waste of time lol

I wont tell you the bunker drill using a �20, �10 and �5 notes then

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top