Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

minchinhampton - Golfshake Season Starter

Posted by: user459944 | Tue 9th Apr 2013 12:59 | Last Reply

Just wanted to say thanks to Chris Perry for an excellent day out yesterday, very well organized and thoroughly enjoyable, a big thanks to my 2 team mates Neil & Chris for a great game also, apologies for a few wayward shots, all in all an excellent day and can't wait till next year , once again Thanks Mr Perry

re: minchinhampton - Golfshake Season Starter
user689
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 13:18

I would also like to thank Chris for yet another great season opener on two cracking courses. Had a great day with Phil and Martin my playing parnters. Off a new Handicap from Saturday was pleased to play as well is i did even if i had a few scrambled holes. Never lost a ball and putted really well so the 1.30am getting home and the tiredness today really dosent feel so bad. Hope this is on again next year just such a great day. Thanks Chris

user356537
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 17:10

I'd like to add my thanks (and for Daniel as well) to Chris on what was a thoroughly enjoyable, if a little tiring, day. I was really disappointed with how I played but somehow managed to keep the score respectable. I shall look forward to playing again next year.

Last edit : Tue 9th Apr 2013 17:10
user89876
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 18:24

I would also like to thank all involved with getting the day together, i really enjoyed the company of Paul over the 2 rounds and really enjoyed the playing side of the day

user498809
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 19:42

Excellent day out, well organised and a real laugh. Any ideas when the results will be posted?

user25808
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 20:06

I echo the sentiments above, I really enjoyed the day at a very nice golf club.

Thanks to my playing partners Chris W and Chris M for being top guys on the day.

Played some half decent golf in between some rubbish golf but did keep the same ball in play for the 36 holes.

Thanks Chris Perry for organizing the day and hopefully your handicap is well and truly stuffed for your efforts, lol ;-)

user40826
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 21:42

Enjoyed every minute of it. Great course, great company, great laugh.

Looking forward to seeing the results online.

Let's hope Mr Perry gets his handicap adjusted before next year

user459944
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 21:55

think the phrase 'Bandit' springs to mind from what I heard Chris, something like 44 in the first round, mmmm??

user289859
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 22:12

Yeah...was OK...!

Seriously though...a great day was had. I loved both courses, and how there are two courses seemingly close together but so far apart in style and shape, it was perfect. Thanks to Bob and Steve who were in my group for enjoyable chats on the way round.

The drive home was a bit of a killer, but I got in before midnight, which was a result!

Looking forward to next year...

user40826
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 22:16

Especially in those conditions! . I've got wind burn.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 9th Apr 2013 23:07

Thanks for the thanks guys. The comp wouldn't happen without you all coming and playing and a special thanks to all those who had a long journey to take part. Glad you all enjoyed it and I hope you found the courses challenging but enjoyable. If the interest is there for me to set things up again for next year I'll see what I can do

I'll be putting the cards in in the next couple of days (got 72 to plough through) and will let you know when they are in. As regards my 'performance' yes I did equal my PB of 80 (will I ever break 80?) for 44 points and feel a little guilty and embarrassed about it. Hopefully I can repeat the performance in the medal this Saturday

If any of you have a couple of minutes I'd appreciate it if you could do a quick rate and review of the club & courses here on Golfshake. They are always looking to hear what visitors think. Link is here -> http://www.golfshake.com/course/view/67728/Minchinhampton_New_Course_Golf_Club.html

user516308
Reply : Fri 12th Apr 2013 07:38

Yes, well done to all concerned on what was a very well organised and enjoyable day. I was a late entry replacing Darren and although did not play as well as I would have liked, who ever does, I thoroughly enjoyed both courses. Lost a single ball off a wayward drive in the morning but, I'll settle for that as the Chevington is unforgiving. Thanks to my playing partners Richard & Matt who were excellent company for the day, although the trousers were a bit off putting ;-) Hope to join up again in some future meets of any size and if anyone wants to come to KGC, just ask.

user250721
Reply : Sat 13th Apr 2013 21:43

Bit late but thanks to Chris for a great day out. Really enjoyed both courses,

And for the record the trousers are awesome and everybody wants them.......

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top