Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Fixing a bent shaft! (How I did it)

Posted by: user512543 | Sun 7th Apr 2013 13:27 | Last Reply

Just thought i'd share this quickly...

After an extremely frustrating par 3 yesterday, my bag got a bit of abuse from a swing with the putter! Subsequently bending my putter and my 9 iron. After a little bit of research I heard that rubbing a towel on the shaft heats it enough with friction to make it slightly bendable. Sounded too good to be true but I gave it a go and now all my clubs are straight again!

While i'm here - whats your guys best advice for giving your clubs a spring clean!?

Thanks!

re: Fixing a bent shaft! (How I did it)
user80078
Reply : Sun 7th Apr 2013 15:11

Do you think you have the right temprement for this game Joel?

user24437
Reply : Sun 7th Apr 2013 18:58

Won't fix my 7 iron, it's got a little bit of a crease in it...

user43763
Reply : Sun 7th Apr 2013 20:39

i cant imagine that club will ever be the same. once metal is stretched no matter what you do you will never get it back to its original state. the reverberation through the shaft at impact will definatly be affected. i dont know what your handicap is so if your a hacker i cant imagine it would matter but i think Tim might notice it a little more. Just my thoughts, i work in the steel industry and hear all the time how people bend structural beams and think they can just bend it back but its not that simple. just my thoughts, and if im honest id try it out for sure.

user80078
Reply : Mon 8th Apr 2013 14:04

If you are playing to 24, then you are already a quite capable golfer Joel. Don't put yourself down as a hacker. Like Dan, I clean my clubs after use, without fail. It's probably because I was brought up to value my tools and have that sneaky feeling that if I look after them, they will look after me. Good luck with the 9 iron. P.S. If self taught you are like the vast majority of golfers out there. I do recommend however that at some time soon you put yourself in a pro's hands to identify any major faults holding you back. It's what I did and it paid good dividends.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top