Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

club handicaps

Posted by: user417395 | Mon 1st Apr 2013 15:43 | Last Reply

already had rant on here previous but new season started and played in comp sat with some players i have not played with before. All these players are far better than i am but play on a higher handicap how on gods golfing world can i ever compete. i am now quitting comps even though season only started and moving clubs to start again with new cards and will report back in another rant.

re: club handicaps
user246626
Reply : Mon 1st Apr 2013 16:56

This happens at every golf course, especially in the winter when you cant cut your handicap. I need to be cut but cant at the moment as we are still playing winter rules as the course is still wet and in poor condition. As soon as summer arrives your playing partners will bound to be cut

user417395
Reply : Mon 1st Apr 2013 17:03

these are players who have been long time members, one player is always winning comps and had last year full 28 handicap now this year it is 24. the winner sat had 46 points and plays off 22

user355541
Reply : Mon 1st Apr 2013 18:07

Paul

You won't be able to start submitting cards at a new club unless there is a 6 month gap from leaving one club to joining another. Even then your current handicap has to be taken into account when allocating a new one. I thought your gripe was with players you considered had handicaps too high for their standard of play. You sound as if you want to join their ranks by getting a higher handicap at a new club.

user417395
Reply : Mon 1st Apr 2013 18:25

All i want is some kind of parity i have played in other open comps at other courses and have always had what i consider decent results and come away feeling good, i might add that i have never threatened the podium. I do not want an advantage i want to be able to turn up at my course and think that i may be able to post a score and come away feeling good is playing this game about having fun and enjoyment. Hope this clears things up.

user417395
Reply : Mon 1st Apr 2013 18:29

no i do not want a higher handicap at another club at all but seeing as how my handicap was altered by 4 shots on a computer in the clubhouse bar from 15-19 i do think your handicap should be about your ability, i thought if you did not play in comps for a while that your handicap was altered as i heard as a visitor to another course to a member who had not played in comps for a while.

user417395
Reply : Mon 1st Apr 2013 18:30

but if it cannot be cut during winter how can it altered and increased on a laptop

user502775
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 07:46

Hi paul at my old club handicaps were updated every weekend after the saturday league as this was a stablford comp and you enterd your score on to masterscore board ,handicaps can change during the winter if the coarse is not shorter by certan yardage

user417395
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 16:51

thanks for your reply Dan which i have read. I have to say that i do not want to win competitions that i have not worked for, i would feel that i had won by default . The point i am trying to get across is when i have finished my comp round i would like to look at the board and get some satisfaction from the fact that i am not at the bottom no matter how hard i have tried and not feel so disillusioned that i feel i do not want to compete anymore. In regard to your other point i know that the people who are winning week in week out are pleased as punch with the prizes and actually make bandit jokes prior to 1st tee.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top