Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

SI # who says so?

Posted by: user16106 | Sat 30th Mar 2013 09:24 | Last Reply

Hi, I played a course yesterday with some strange SI values. One that stood out was SI 16 418yd par 4. Fairly flat. Playing off 14 I dont get a shot but I will rearly reach this hole in regulation. However there were 4 other par 3 holes with a lowers SI index. the par 3s range from 137-157 yd so all are easily reachable and I get a shot on all. There is no great difficulty elsewhere on these holes. Q who decides what SI index is for each hole and how? I know its swings and roundabouts IE I will get 14 shots over the course whatever holes they are on. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: SI # who says so?
user459944
Reply : Sat 30th Mar 2013 11:21

dave, dont know if this answers your question ?? http://www.englandgolf.org/page.aspx?sitesectionid=337&sitesectiontitle=stroke+index+recommendation

user504404
Reply : Sat 30th Mar 2013 13:39

Dave

A little something to add to your initial post. Do you think SI should change for winter rules?

Your example of the 418yd par 4 comes to mind. In the winter I struggle to get on Par4's of 410yds and further in Reg simply because the ball does not fly as far. In the summer I can reach 460yd Par4's in Reg.

user16106
Reply : Sat 30th Mar 2013 13:53

Tim It makes very interesting reading. I didnt realise there were so many stipulations and recommendations for the order of the SI indexes. But it all does tend to have logic behind it. Nigel Nice idea but I think it could get very complicated have ing a card for summer and a card for winter. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 30th Mar 2013 14:41

Many Golf Clubs do have different cards for winter. Usually in black & white (no colour) and yardage for their 'winter course'.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top