Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Bad Luck

Posted by: user355316 | Wed 20th Mar 2013 16:19 | Last Reply

Not wishing to be completely serious but what is your worst luck surrounding golf? This time last year I was due to lead a ski trip to the USA but the heatwave put paid to that although we did manage to find some snow in Canada so not a total washout. So this year it is a golf trip instead- only in Lincolnshire, but this is in jeopardy due to snow! Ironic? Got to laugh, might just go directly to the apr�s activities!!!

re: Bad Luck
user80078
Reply : Wed 20th Mar 2013 16:39

I'm in Lincolnshire and the weather doesn't look much worse than anywhere else in the UK. I remember many years ago being dropped off at the course by my wife, first thing (about 0800). I was really looking forward to a game even though it was cold as I had been at sea previously for some considerable time. It then started to snow and snow and snow. I stood forlornly looking out at the first tee as the snow got deeper and deeper. My wife had the car so I had to wait for about 5 hours. When she arrived to pick me up the snow was easily a foot deep. Not one of my better golfing days....I hope the trip goes OK!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top