Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Any advise

Posted by: user124316 | Sat 16th Mar 2013 16:56 | Last Reply

Hi, please check out the video of my 3 year old son practising at our local range, any advise is appreciated and any ideas on the next steps for him, he loves the game and i intend to keep it that way, he will be going for lessons and getting a new set of cheap junior irons in a few months.My Son Practising

re: Any advise
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 16th Mar 2013 18:04

My advice is don't forget he is 3. Make sure it stays something to enjoy and not something akin to homework. As long as he keeps enjoying it he will want to get better. Make sure that he has a coach, not a teacher, for his lessons and that his aim is to make sure your son enjoys getting better, not feels like he has to

re: Any advise
user459944
Reply : Mon 18th Mar 2013 20:58

martin, the mistake i made with my 6yr old was not to let him enjoy it and took him for lessons a bit too early, probably bollocked him a bit too much when he didnt do as he was told when the instructor was giving him guidance, as Chris said the best idea is if he is enjoying it let him do it his own way for the time being and edge him towards a coach a little later, there are plenty of the 9 hole practice ranges about and kids love driving ranges swinging next to Dad (or mum) ! you can give him tips from the way you do things but ultimately let him enjoy it

Last edit : Mon 18th Mar 2013 20:59

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top