Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

1st club comp of the new year

Posted by: user16106 | Wed 13th Mar 2013 19:36 | Last Reply

1st club comp of the year saturday. March, stableford off yellows on full hacp so a nice gentle start. Im not bothered if it rains or if its windy just as long as it doesnt bloody snow and I can get out and compete. Had a good round last time out so Im in a good frame of mind. 40 pts here I come. Famous last words... Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: 1st club comp of the new year
user462914
Reply : Wed 13th Mar 2013 20:03

Well lets hope it does not snow and good luck in the comp.

user504923
Reply : Wed 13th Mar 2013 20:51

Did you say 40 points or 40 pints!!!! Good luck keep it long & straight

user34817
Reply : Thu 14th Mar 2013 16:53

Good luck Dave. Hopefully you'll get off to a good start. I had my first one last Saturday, playing off the whites and came third with 39 points. Have now been cut in the last two comps on the trot this year and am down to 18.4. Let's hope it continues.

user23669
Reply : Thu 14th Mar 2013 22:52

Hope you had a good round. Had my first comp the other day off of the blue tees. Scored 38 points but it should of been more like 42.

All the best from another cack hander

user43166
Reply : Fri 15th Mar 2013 14:03

Good job you don't mind about the weather Dave, just checked the forecast - looks like you'll get a soaking :-(

You're at Tilgate aren't you? Love that course, and some cracking deals on occasionally. 17th has got to be my favourite.

Play well...

user16106
Reply : Fri 15th Mar 2013 18:08

Im looking out the window now and its raining and the forecast for sat morn is the same. I normally dont like rain but im not too bothered for tommorow. If you keep whining to yourself about it your game will suffer so ill just make the best of it. The 17th hole that was, is now the 8th as the 2 9s have swapped over so the old 9th is now the finnishing hole overlooked by the new clubhouse. ( when it opens ) Ill keep you lot posted.. Dave CAC handed Geordie

user16106
Reply : Sat 16th Mar 2013 17:22

Oh Dear. It was teaming down. Waterlogged and Pools on the greens. 4 putted the 1st. We only done 9 holes and went in. Unplayable. only 11 pts for 9 holes. Theres always nest time. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user43166
Reply : Sat 16th Mar 2013 22:18

Oh dear. Best laid plans and all that... At least you gave it a go.

I'm trying tomorrow morning at Reigate - think the rain and wind will have died down but no doubt a lot of water on the course.

Might pop in to Tilgate on the way back. Do you think it is playable?

user16106
Reply : Sun 17th Mar 2013 10:39

Paul As long as there is not a lot of rain between now and then it may be ok. I would give the clubhouse a bell and they will advise. The main issue yesterday was the waterlogged greens and that was just because the rain was constant. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user43166
Reply : Mon 18th Mar 2013 13:32

Thanks Dave.

Cold and wet after 18 holes at Reigate, I decided to give it a miss. Another time...

Actually I have played Tilgate a couple of times since you swapped the 2 nine's. Will be great with the 18th finishing up to the new clubhouse. How long until that is finished?

user16106
Reply : Mon 18th Mar 2013 19:42

It looking great at the mo. I think because of the weather over the winter its been delayed about 6 months. It should be open by summer. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top