Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Score entry, n blob, tablet

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 13th Mar 2013 13:57 | Last Reply

Quick question who uses the score tracker and uses the 'n' option to enter a blob score and then the question is do you use a tablet device ?

I'm looking at rolling out an update to allow easier score entry on tablet devices but there may be some limitations then with the use of using a character such as 'n'

Thanks, Darren.

re: Score entry, n blob, tablet
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 13th Mar 2013 14:27

I've made an executive decision on this

If you are on the latest version of iOS/ipad etc then when you get to the score entry the input box will use the numeric keypad to help speed up score entry. The 'n' will still also work.

Unfortunately there are limits to Android so this will be on the to do list for future.

user379886
Reply : Wed 13th Mar 2013 21:04

Just tried it out,lot better,can we have it for the advanced stats,ie putts etc

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 13th Mar 2013 21:20

Yep sure will add tomorrow.

Thanks for testing and letting me know. I presume also you saw that there is a 'next' option to make it easy to move to the next score/hole ?

user379886
Reply : Wed 13th Mar 2013 22:31

Yes I did,definate improvement.

Last edit : Wed 13th Mar 2013 22:33
user198914
Reply : Fri 22nd Mar 2013 23:45

i didnt know about the n, im sure something did pop up and i closed it thinking it was advertising! will try it next time i blob

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 23rd Mar 2013 10:51

Just for info the iPad number scoring also works on the stats input page and the group competition scoring

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 23rd Mar 2013 11:12

Glad it's working on the comps Darren. I can load up the scores as they come in at the 36 Hole comp via my iPad. All I need is to set up the groups so I can add the scores.....

user4592
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 20:13

Hi,

Has this changed now as when i entered my first 2 comps on my ipad i could use the n as a blob score and was easy to enter scores but when i'm trying to enter my next competition it doesn't seem to work.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 20:16

Hi Simon, the number pad entry works but unfortunately I had to turn off the n for blob temporarily whilst I work out a fix. It was causing the n not to work on people using Firefox.

Hopefully the number pad entry is a big plus on it's own whilst I get the n entry also working.

user4592
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 20:23

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Have you changed the screen layout aswell for the score entry as i'm having to zoom right in to enter the scores.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 20:24

Nothing should have changed.

Is this individual score entry or group score entry ?

user4592
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 20:45

Group entry

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 20:49

I'm not able to at the mo but will test on an iPad shortly and advise back.

All was okay last week when I tested and did the minor roll back for the iPad score entry and n entry as mentioned above.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 9th Dec 2013 16:42

Think this is now and working for iPads and at least the Android Nexus. Both devices will now show the number pad entry and allow either 'n or *' for blob scoring. The next option was a bit disappointing, IMO, on the iPad with the iOS7 update but it does work.

At present this is just for individual rounds and assuming all is okay then it will also get rolled out to the group scoring system.

Some further tweaks will be going live for the site usability and for tablet devices this week before progression with some mobile updates.

You can also take the smartphone/app survey:

http://glfs.hk/1ifRkRH

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top