Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicap

Posted by: user127220 | Sat 9th Mar 2013 17:21 | Last Reply

Hi, How can my handicap keep going up when in the last 3 rounds I've had 10,3 & 11 under my handicap. p.s. The add round screen is annoying now, every time you put a score on a hole the same number comes up in a box below it, and you have to click again before the next one. Terry.

re: Handicap
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 9th Mar 2013 17:32

Hi Terry, when you add a round do you move through the number using the quick tab or arrow option ? also to check you are not using a tablet/iPad ?

I've just tested and no additional number appears for me but if I use the down arrow option to advance to the next hole, not the tab or right arrow, then whilst the focus does move to the next hole the browser will also detect the down arrow key press which shows numbers previously entered in a box.

Finally for handicapping the system will use the SSS to make the handicap adjustment. Sometimes this can be a lot lower than the total par thus may mean the handicap doesn't change. I'll also check shortly to ensure the courses you play are all set-up with an SSS, 95% of Golfshake score cards will be but some of the courses that par 60 or below don't always have SSS.

Regards, Darren.

user16106
Reply : Sat 9th Mar 2013 18:55

Terry Ive looked at the courses you are playing on and the sss are not correct. If you do 18 holes for a par 60 the sss should be around the same on a normal length course (6400 yds ). Your course is short so I would think ss would be around 54 for 18. Check with the clubhouse on sss or the card. If in any doubt. Put it in manually as the same as par and a good round will be rewarded with a hcap cut. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Sat 9th Mar 2013 19:10
user127220
Reply : Sun 10th Mar 2013 01:13

Hi Darren, I use the previous round on a course option and use left click on the mouse and push the number key for the score. Terry

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 10th Mar 2013 13:24

Terry,

The simple answer to your question is the SSS is set at '0' (zero). So any score entered will be that many over SSS, and a Hcp increase. Set SSS at 58 and the results should be correct.

user355541
Reply : Sun 10th Mar 2013 14:25

I can confirm that his course does not have a Standard Scratch Score according to EnglandGolf.

user52922
Reply : Sun 10th Mar 2013 18:18

If you don't mind me asking, James, what do you think the SSS would be for this course.

user355541
Reply : Sun 10th Mar 2013 22:05

Par 60, maximum SSS 58, but the CONGU rating system recognises that an increase in the number of par 3s over the norm for a course does make difficulties for the scratch golfer.

user52922
Reply : Sun 10th Mar 2013 22:28

An argument for shortening courses then, James. I know a couple of relatively short courses that would be very difficult for the scratch player and this is reflected in them having no low handicappers in the club.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 11th Mar 2013 11:08

Terry, I have now updated so that we hold a SSS record for your courses that matches the Par. Technically this may not be correct but will the system will now calculate your handicap. You just need to go to the tools section and handicap tools to use the recalculate option.

Also like Dave says you can override any SSS we hold by entering a CSS value in the box during score entry, a few societies use this option.

Finally, I still can't replicate the duplicate score but will keep trying. The nearest I can get to it is when you click in the box sometimes it does show a drop down showing past data entered into that particular input box. The front and back 9 scores plus total scores are also automatically calculated when you click in a box or move out of a box.

Regards, Darren.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top