Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Will Woods beat Nicklaus's major record?

Posted by: user354092 | Wed 6th Mar 2013 11:38 | Last Reply

Nicklaus has come out and said that Woods needs to get a move on if he wants to break his record of 18 majors.

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/5368/Nicklaus_Woods_needs_to_get_a_move_on.html

Do you think Tiger will do it?

I used to be sure he would do it, but now...

Last edit : Wed 6th Mar 2013 12:17
re: Will Woods beat Nicklaus's major record?
user369251
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 21:17

I can't see it happening. I think (unfortunately) that Tiger will never be as good as he once was. If he wins one this year, then yeah, maybe he might. But I can't see him doing it. As an aside, I don't think McIlroy will overhaul tiger.

user34817
Reply : Fri 8th Mar 2013 11:21

One of the commentators on the WGC golf last night pointed out that Tiger is currently 37 and at the same age Jack had played the same number of majors that Tiger has currently played and had won the same number, 14. So I guess on that basis Tiger still has time to do it but whether he will get back to his previous dominance of the game I'm not sure. I would like to see him do it.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 8th Mar 2013 11:31

Yeah these been a lot of analysis about Tiger and Jack. 37 years old, 14 Majors, 60 starts in a Major (once Tiger tees off in '13)

https://twitter.com/JRayESPNGolf/status/308748960967847936

Last edit : Fri 8th Mar 2013 11:36
user338942
Reply : Fri 8th Mar 2013 20:06

I think the biggest major for Tiger will be his next one. It will be like winning his first again. Once he does (and if it is this year) I can see him winning 5-6 in the next 3 years

user16106
Reply : Sat 9th Mar 2013 11:19

Owen, If you had asked me 3 days ago, ( which you did ) I would have said I dont think so. He is not as dominant, has no fear factor, Hes not as focused and he just isnt good enough anymore. However ask me today after 2 rounds at Doral and I will say if he plays like this he will eliminate all of the above arguments that I have stated above. His putting was sensasional. 17 birdies in 36 holes. Tiger is back but how long will it last? Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top