Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Playing after a shoulder opperation

Posted by: user89876 | Tue 5th Mar 2013 20:05 | Last Reply

I,ve just had (5 weeks ago) keyhole surgery on my left shoulder, it doesn't seem to have got better as quick as i would have liked, has anyone else had a similar opperation

re: Playing after a shoulder opperation
user106712
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 20:13

I had the same operation a year ago. Repaired my rotator cuff and cut away some bone so that the tendon didn't get trapped. the day after the operation I tried some boxing movements which hurt a little but the more I did it the better it got. I never wore the sling they gave me as I felt I needed to move my arm for it to get better. 2 weeks after the operation I played a round of golf and although some shots hurt a little it wasn't too bad. after that I played 2 or 3 times a week and my shoulder healed very quickly.

user89876
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 20:32

That,s what i was looking for but it has not happened, i have chipped around are practice green today but thats all i can do, a 3/4 swing is out of the question

user451055
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 08:46

A golfing buddy had a similar op and he got so frustrated waiting he started to play one armed. When he could he started using two and had to do 3/4 swing and make sure he wasn't too fast. The whole thing has improved his golf immensely as he has a much more measured swing and doesn't overswing.

user89876
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 09:36

judy, i can only hope for the same

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top