Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Looking forward to the coming season

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 5th Mar 2013 12:39 | Last Reply

I'm really looking forward to the coming golf season.

For me, the golf season starts when the Masters ends.

I have taken the decision this year to cut down on the amount of golf I'm going to commit too. So I am not entering any matchplay/team competitions at my golf club. I'm just going to play the medals and majors.

My one concession is that I've committed to playing most of the G-Tour games this year.

I will be watching for the annnouncement of the North v South game (hoping it isn't on a day that I'm committed to another game!).

Due to a late family holiday last year I missed the trip to Portugal, so I'll be looking for that announcement and putting my name down for next February's trip.

I just hope the weather stays nice for a while and gives the golf courses a chance to recover from the wet winter we have had so far.

Russ

re: Looking forward to the coming season
user80078
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 12:48

I agree with your enthusiastic anticipation. Our course has new people in charge and they already have the course looking good. We have been shown the new intended rough cut lengths and things will so clearly be better than last year. ( perhaps 2 to 3 shots a round better). Hopefully a new changing room is on the near horizon, although the current one is servicable. Bring it on is what I say...

user89876
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 13:24

well my course can only improve, we have not had a green keeper, clubhouse or some where to change, i hope this is all about to change for the better

user43166
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 13:27

For me the season begins as soon as the clocks go forward. I play a lot of twilight golf with work colleagues so as soon as the clocks go we're off, sneaking out of work at 4:00 sprinting to a local course to try and get 18 in.

user451055
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 14:21

The season starts for me in April - when the monthly medals start. I am already getting in the short game practice in the evening. Snuck off work at 4.30pm yesterday and managed to get 5 holes in before dark. I am planning to focus on short game heavily this year in the hope of getting my handicap down to the teens. Highlight of my season will be a trip to California in October where I have been lucky enough to be invited to play one one of the worlds top courses. Very excited about that one.

user24437
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 14:53

I usually have Christmas Day off, otherwise any day is a potential golf day - don't do seasons..

user38216
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 19:13

I'm with you Tim, I have contemplated a cheeky 9 Christmas day but never managed it.

user89876
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 20:03

Played 18 holes on my wedding day (before wedding) so i'm not opposed to playing anytime,

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 22:04

I played on the morning of my wedding and on honeymoon. Like Tim, I don't do seasons, I just do golf

user282395
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 23:50

Yep...getting married in two weeks, tees are booked for 0730...figure that'll give us at least an hour in the 19th as well...

Our course also has new green staff who are working wonders despite the weather, since we've had this dry couple of weeks the course is already starting to feel like it's summer, and to top it off I got my first top-5 in comp on Sat and on Sun played my personal best round (3 over thru 15, unfortunately finished triple, triple, bogey with O/B on 16 and 17) - aiming to get down to 12, break 80 at least once and win a comp by end of summer.

Here's to a cracking summer's golf, and an equally good winter afterwards!

user80078
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 00:25

Hats off to you chaps playing on your wedding days. That's impressive! I did take my wife away for her birthday last week and played golf. I let her ride in the buggy with me as it was her day after all!!

user16106
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 19:25

Had the first round this year with good conditions ie without snow, fog, sleet or a wind chill of -10. Played a very decent 1st 16 holes in 7 over par. Then those blinkin wheels feel off and shot 5 over for the last 2 holes at rookwood. I had to play off 10 and its amazing what a bit of concentration does when you have to shoot par on 8 holes just for 2 points. Others coming in bogies for 4 points ( thats another matter ). But overall I was very happy and am looking forward to a great, dry and long spring and summer. Also a late autumn and winter. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user462914
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 20:42

I just love playing golf,have managed 4 games this year , looking forward to playing loads more games when i can , hope you all have a very good season and you enjoy it.

user52922
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 21:21

I managed to get out today at my new club, 18 holes , 91 strokes and 1hr fifty minutes to complete. Off the whites at 6600 yards.

Taking part in a match on Saturday comprised of new members versus the Committee.

user369251
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 21:40

Had a few reasonable knocks between Christmas and recently, seem to be in decent touch. So hoping for a biggish season, knocking 5 strokes off the club handicap (16) and playing as often as possible. I'd like to get a bit more involved with the Golfshake events, and play some different courses.

user369251
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 21:42

Also, I hope everyone plays well this year.

user16106
Reply : Thu 7th Mar 2013 12:33

John Sorry if ive missed a post from you but what club are you a member of now? Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top