Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY TO PLAY REGULAR WITH NORTHWEST

Posted by: user510167 | Sat 2nd Mar 2013 17:40 | Last Reply

Hi,Iam a 39 year old male and looking for somebody or more to start playing golf with maybe once or twice a month,i currently playoff around 18 on agood day,it does not matter to me if your great or just starting just as long as we have fun,male or female or both is not a problem,iam in the bury area of greater manchester and would like to visit courses anywhere in the northwest so if anybody is interested please let me know and hopefully we can get going, Many Thanks,

re: LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY TO PLAY REGULAR WITH NORTHWEST
user48341
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 22:54

Hi Ian

I hope you're not too discouraged by the lack of replies to your post so far - but you may find more success if you ask members of North West golfing societies to contact you directly with some details of the games they have got coming up rather than expect any individual member of the website - male or female - to go out on a limb when they don't know you personally just yet. I'm sure you didn't mean it to but your post did have "match.com" overtones - No offence intended!

I hope that some local/regional societies make themselves known to you soon.

Good golfing!

user390191
Reply : Wed 6th Mar 2013 11:30

try http://theopengolfclub.co.uk/

user48341
Reply : Thu 7th Mar 2013 01:02

Don't worry, Ian - you've not offended anyone - I just didn't want you getting too discouraged at the apparent lack of response to your 1st post and thinking that we're all a very unfriendly bunch. Once you've been to one society game, you'll find that your number of playing contacts takes off.

The other thing you could do is to book 1 or 2 4-balls somewhere local and post the arrangements on here as a small event and see if that acts as a useful catalyst for you to get to know a few folk,. There are lots of folk on here from around the Manchester area - some of whom come across to the dark side of the Pennines to have the odd game with the CGL society (County Golf League) which is based over in Yorks, Notts & Derbyshire. (Sorry for the blatant plug!) Also, you'll find that the "Social Golfer" website has games posted within reach of where you live.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top